Technical FK DRL Headlights

Currently reading:
Technical FK DRL Headlights

jhighlnd

I have been toying with the idea of installing the DRL headlights from FK Automotive for my Grande Punto but I have been put off by the possible situation of re wiring them when coming to fit them. I have seen ones where you just swap the plugs over but some of them don't tell you. Has anyone fitted them? Are they difficult to fit?

Attachments

• 1391176802611.jpg
    1391176802611.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 74
You could always email FK and ask if they are plug and go.

I have been toying with the idea of installing the DRL headlights from FK Automotive for my Grande Punto but I have been put off by the possible situation of re wiring them when coming to fit them. I have seen ones where you just swap the plugs over but some of them don't tell you. Has anyone fitted them? Are they difficult to fit?

These are the exact ones I want. I've seen a set labelled for 08- which would indicate that they are for the S2 model like mine. Although I haven't got round to emailing them and asking. All I know is, the S1 & S2 have different connections and are a pain to re wire.

Yes they are the ones I'm looking for! I think I'll email FK and ask them because I really want these instead of the standard black abarth that EVERYONE has :banghead:

Mines a 58 plate so I'm hoping that it will just plug in

Yes they are the ones I'm looking for! I think I'll email FK and ask them because I really want these instead of the standard black abarth that EVERYONE has :banghead:

Try and find out if they'll fit a 09 plate as well please bud!! Just check they're RHD like mentioned above. If so,
I'll be buying a set ASAP !

I will mate, I'll drop them an email tonight and post on here what they say!

Nope, the buttons don't do anything for me anymore, I have the angel eye type.
I can't imagine it being a problem with mot though, hopefully!

I don't think it effects your MOT, I hope not! I should be okay though because I get my MOT done at work, fortunately they don't have to reach BMW standards like the other cars that come in! LOL

exactly! haha, still no reply from FK about the installation -,-

BAD news on the headlights, I still haven't got a reply from FK but another website said that the most common ones you will find on the internet are Left Hand Drive, so this probably includes he FK ones, so it looks like I'm going to have to get the usual abarth headlights

I don't think it effects your MOT, I hope not!

Well, as long as you don't have a towing hook at the back and don't intend to pull anything that can lower your rear axle, which includes transporting porks on your rear seats and boot from farm to farm, you will be ok. ;)

The adjusters are there to allow you to level your lights when the rear axle is lowered (by a caravan or weight of some kind) which in turn lifts the front light beams to the point where it can look like you are driving with main beams on, and so glare at oncoming motorists.......which despite popular belief does annoy the drivers at the receiving end of being blinded.

Which way an MOT garage can see it is down to judgement, some will consider you the responsible driver and others will not take the risk of coming back to them. :D

Hum

Back