Technical FK angel eyes fitting - help!

Currently reading:
Technical FK angel eyes fitting - help!

MidnightBlue60SX

Ok, so I've had a look in the car and there appears to be 2 different plugs for each headlight. Simple.

1-for the main beam
2-for the flood light

Looking at the new angel lights, I have 1 external male plug with a 4 pins. Having a look inside the housing, this leads to 2 female sockets each with 2 pin inserts (I imagine these are to connect to the bulbs?)

1ce8_1.JPG

locations - the 4 pin is underneath the triangular plastic to the far left... and the 2 females are shown coming out of the inside housing...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

PS- I know I've posted in styling forum, but I thought techies might know a bit more + it's right at the end of a thread.

Last edited:
Ok, I've had a look and it looks like the bulbs will be easy to fit. Job done.

However, it looks like the halos are connected with 1 Blue and 1 Black wire... I'm guessing black is neg and blue is pos? These go into a clip (the 4 pin) that feed out to (what I'm guessing is irrelevant wires).

So once I've fitted the bulbs - all I need to do is connect the blue/black wires to the side lights right?

So on the side lights the drivers side has 1 yellow/green wire with 1 black - I'm guessing yellow/green is pos and black is neg

On the passenger side the sidelights are 1 black/yellow and 1 black wire - black/yellow pos and black neg?

Thanks in adv.

Dave

Motor out sorted. Now I just need a bloody 4 pin connector now to attach the sidelights and main beam to!

I don't suppose there's a standard oblong connector is there?

_______
|- - - - | <----the hole the connector needs to go into.
''''''''''''''''''

Apparently this is a standard connector for a punto GT - does anyone have a picture of one or where I can get one? :S

I've managed to find a crude version of the connector/component I am after...

tutorial-4pin_molex_power_conn.jpg

Where it has 4 round holes, I'm looking for 4 flat holes. And where it has 4 wires in the back, I need 8. Also it needs to be slightly bigger.

If there's anything anyone can do to help me in tracking down this miscellaneous component I'd be most grateful!

Last edited:
It looks very similar to a power connector for a disk drive in a PC, do you have access to a dead PC where you can rob out the PSU (you will get quite a few connectors then)?

It's this
SDC10264.jpg

Sorry I found this from our 'rival' website - but it seems noone is able to show the other side and where the wires go or where to purchase one? I know you guys can help me!? Please? :)

This sounds a bit like my own blog... However I thought some people might be interested in my progress.

I took the lights round my olds place yesterday, and my dad managed to find the correct route for all the wires to go - with the help of the haynes manual.

I'll be getting it fitted on the weekend, afterwards I'll post the info I have on the wiring. All that is required extra was 4 waterproof female spade connectors.

I'll hopefully create a guide on how to fit them as well, so otherpeople won't have the same experience as I have had.

-Mid

ok so the wiring is complete and I have a new set of lights! :) Alriiight!

So, here is the wiring sorry about the 'forgotten' pin. But both connections look like this (looking at the back of the lights) and are not mirrored - starting from left to right.

1st pin -Common Black x 2 wires
2nd pin -Dip/live (1 wire)
3rd pin -forgotten (1 wire)
4th pin -main beam/live (1wire)

connections were made by using female spade connectors ( http://www.maplin.co.uk/images/full/n22an.jpg) and a little bit of insulation tape around each spade to stop it touching another and shorting out.

PM me if you want to know the correct colour of each wire going in and I'll have a look. But you can work it out by looking in your Haynes manual.

Last edited:
Back