General fk akx spring and shock set 60/40

Currently reading:
General fk akx spring and shock set 60/40

chrisgrice18

hey everyone, i want to lower my mk2 sporting

yellow
full stainless centered longlife exhaust ;)
standard 15" alloys powdercoated black ;)
wind deflectors

found an fk akx spring and shock set for £123 on fleebay, anyone have any experience with these? if not im jus gonna go with fk 60/40 springs on standard shocks for £79

and before anyone says i cant afford to pay more than that for eibachs etc :(

help would be great thanks :)

Get the coilovers. They allow you to adjust the ride height without messing up the spring rates and the damper cartridges can be replaced when they wear out.

there not coilovers just replacement shocks and springs, coilovers are way too much for my budget lol

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
I've got the fk ak 60/40 springs fitted, and i'd warn you that unless you've got one of the heavier engines you may be a little disappointed by the drop on the front, closer to 40mm than the 60mm with my 8v

but i cant fit coilovers im crap at stuff like that :/ was my original choice but i cant afford to pay for them too be fitted =[

Modifying cars with professional labour at today's rates is a hobby for footballer's. Could be worth going on a learning curve. :eek:

Fitting coilovers is as easy (or hard) as fitting new suspension struts/dampers of any type.

i seriously hate you lot! blown my budget and ordered those coilovers lol no idea how im gonna fit them but you only live once ay! shell be sexy when shes done itll be worth it ;)

Chris, where abouts in the country are you? Springs aren't a big job, I'm sure there's someone local who might volunteer to give you a hand for a case of beer or something. ;)

by birmingham mate, yeah i have but they wanted £80 for springs so dread to think for coilovers lol

Back