Technical Fitting the clutch arm on the gearbox?

Currently reading:
Technical Fitting the clutch arm on the gearbox?

Hey Peeps

Got the gear box on, but when first fitted the clutch arm it was in the wrong angle, so have to remove and refit.

The problem comes in when i try to put the clutch arm in the price.

The input shaft keeps falling down so i can get the clutch arm down enough to put the circlip on ?

Any idea if this is a job you could with the gearbox on ? Or do i have to remove the gearbox again?

And where to get circlips :p? Is it external circlip or internal i need? (To put it in, i need to widen the 2 holes, so which is it ?)

Thanks
Ming

Last edited:
When i swapped the hydraulic clutch arm for the cinq one all i did was undo the circlip you can see in the pic, pull the stilo arm off and put cinq one on. Then replace circlip. What was at the wrong angle????

P190610_19_47_01_.JPG

didnty put it back on at the right angle, only realised when it was in the car that it was too far towards the front, so we removed it.. but obviously now it wont go on far enough to get a circlip on..... but its mighty hard to get it as far as it iss or even back off...

can you not just leave it?

didnty put it back on at the right angle, only realised when it was in the car that it was too far towards the front, so we removed it.. but obviously now it wont go on far enough to get a circlip on..... but its mighty hard to get it as far as it iss or even back off...

can you not just leave it?

I looked at the other box, if the circlip is not on, then there will be alot of movements and the release bearing won't be in the centre of the shaft :(.

I think there is indent at the bottom, where i could put a circlip to hold the hsaft up!

If that not work, then is box out .... might kill myself!

Ming

Back