fitting strut brace to 1.6, fuse box is in the way!

Currently reading:
fitting strut brace to 1.6, fuse box is in the way!

A

Andy1.6hlx

i just received my omp strut brace which it is meant to fit my 1.6 which is a non abs model, the fitments are perfect but the fuse box is in the way! anyone fitted a strut brace to a 1.6 and if so where did you move the fuses to?

cheers in advance

i got a sparco strut brace, no different from yours, all i did was removed the fuse cover.

Fuse box

Heya, had the same issue so just got a small L shape bracket and moved it downwards.

1291576330.JPG

Sorry let me explain, I was in a rush before. The fuse box has a black cover, that black cover has a clip that goes into the holder. Break that clip off and use the hole on the holder to move it down an inch. If u take the black cover off, ull see a square hole that u can use.

is a strut brace worth it? do you feel noticeably tighter and better handling? or is it just good to tart up your engine bay?

of course it's worth it, mine isn't for looks at all, for £70 that seems like a very cheap mod to me and i can't see why you wouldn't have one...

is a strut brace worth it? do you feel noticeably tighter and better handling? or is it just good to tart up your engine bay?

ive always thought that,'cos got told bravo's dont need them?

mikey_sig2.jpg

A Fiat Marea in a Bravo Shell..Its good to be different ;)
Now with Working steering wheel controls,
FC Performance chip
'Sorted' :)

any car will benefit from the extra rigidity through the corners

i mean does it really give you loads better handling? or is the steering tighter?

what do you notice most when you have one on?

i'll let you know thursday evening once it's been fitted aha

To be honest, I never felt much difference, I wanted it for the handling and I thought it was a waste if I'm honest. But to be truthful, the bravo isn't a racing car, it wasn't designed for it and hasn't got a pedigree for it. So ull never be as good as some cars of its type. But u can make them better with big mods, like suspension kits, brakes, tyres, anti roll bars, suspension bushes etc. All costly things