General Fitting remote locking

Currently reading:
General Fitting remote locking

pritch

One of my young lady friends who I visit quite often lives in a very, very dark private road. My uni car park is similarly lightless, and when our security light fails to come on as I go out to my car on the drive, I find myself unable to find the lock. It doesn't help that the car is pitch black too, sometimes I nearly miss it altogether:)

I get fed up missing and jarring the paintwork. It just means more T-cut and polishing time for me. It's also more of a bugger when it's chucking it down. I've got one of those little light things for my keys out of an M&S xmas cracker. It does the job but it's all a fiddle.

Is it possible to fit remote locking to a Punto which already has central locking? Can it be done through Fiat or are we talking aftermarket? If so, what are the costs involved? Has anyone done it? If it's very expensive obviously I won't bother but...

Cheers.

Spirito di Punto | M-reg 55SX, black, 5dr.

it is posssible and the best way of doin it is if you get a alarm and install it that. thi sway you get remote central locking and a alarm to protect your car. I have got a toad alarm on mine it cost me £150 including fitting

James

www.clubcento.co.uk
http://myseicento.mysite.freeserve.com/

Hi,

Look at www.cpc.co.uk, they sell remote boxes which are 12V with a switch relay. You could connect this to the central locking and probably only cost you about £30.00 if you are handy with electrics.

Poggy

Thanks for those suggestions. I'm not sure about doing it myself, I'd probably butcher the interior. Perhaps I should just get a cheap alarm :)

yeah if your not sure best to let a Pro do it.if your keeping the car for a while its worth calling your insurer and seeing if the have approved fitters/alarms as you can offset some of the cost with a (small) discount in your insurance

The Fiat Cinquecento
Fun While It Runs

Yeah I thought about that. I doubt the saving would offset the cost of an approved alarm, which tend to be the more expensive ones.

My insurance is already rock bottom you see - TPFT with pass plus discount. £694 with Tesco. In fact, I don't even know if you would get a discount without fully comp anyway.

Originally posted by custard boy
TPFT £694 rock bottom!!!!!!!! £220 fully comp on me cinq

The Fiat Cinquecento
Fun While It Runs
Ah, but you good sir, are 30, and I'm ten years shy of that still. Therefore I'm in prime bend-over-and-take-it territory as far as insurance companies are concerned.:(

Just a few more days until I'll have had my licence a year and first years NCD (touches wood):)

Hi,
I wouldnt recommend doing it your self as it is the most fiddly thing i have ever had to do on my old 55s, I bought the microscan alarm and central locking kit and fitted it in about 8 hours. It works brilliant until the screws come lose on the metal connector rod and then one side stops working. Also attaching it to the door and lining up the rod to the door pin is almost impossible. I would reccomend finding a scrap punto with CL and fitting it that way.

Sensible mods go far

already got the CL mate, mine's an SX.

Fitting CL would definitely be too much hassle [8D]

hehe. Found http://www.microscanalarms.co.uk/pages/scl3000_keyless_entry.htm the home of the thing just before I saw your post:) Nice one.

It's not that expensive really, within range. But they do an alarm with remote locks for £35 as far as I can make out so I dunno.

http://www.gendandirect.co.uk/viewproduct.php?product=SCL3000

Seems to be the cheapest place to buy from (with a discount for a spare fob which is handy) in case any of you are interested. I'm going for it (even more debt! yay!). Hope it's not too tricky to fit:I

Heh, ta for that but I think I'll stick with the British company:)

The English on that page alone is enough to give me nightmares about what the instructions might be like :D

Back