Technical Fitting remote locking to Mk1

Currently reading:
Technical Fitting remote locking to Mk1

gtogav

Hi all,

Tomorrow I'm going to be helping fit a Falcon Phaser Remote locking kit to a friend's Mk1 Punto (which already has central locking). I've attached the wiring diagram for the locking part of the system.

I'm ok with wiring up the 12v, the indicators, and the lock/unlock wires, but the diagram also indicates wiring into the "main line". I can take a guess at what it means, but any advice would be appreciated!

Any replies greatly appreciated, cheers!

Gav :)

Attachments

• wiring.JPG
    wiring.JPG
    51.8 KB · Views: 270
they never provide good diagrames do they .. well it looks like it will be pink and /or orange .. but normally the colours are brown white blue green and something else .. perhaps just try using a small abttery and working out what they do off the car!

I think that the main line is the same as what is referred to as the "common" line in other systems...so it either needs to be wired to a 12v line or a common earth...does that sound right? As far as I'm aware, the only wires coming from the Punto actuator are the lock/unlock wires, an earth, two wires for the motor and a feed for the door ajar? So do I use one of the motor wires for the main line, or something else?

Cheers

Gav

would you let me know how it goes ?
im locking for remote locking for my punto,
but im not sure which kit fits.
thanks
***Cj***
(y):devil::slayer::slayer::devil:(y)

look on my cars thread i fitted mine today .. may beable to get summin from a pic on there .. whatever your not sure on ask and give a pic ill give you an answer sometime looking at something is better than any wireing diagram .. i dint have one for mine took me 2 secs to decide what it all done and test it off the car ..

sorry to hijack your thread but was just wondering does anyone know if you can put a central locking kit in to a mk1 punto that doesn't already have central locking?

and if so how difficult would it be? :eek:

yes thats what i just did i have a punto s so yeah and its not that hard if you know have a rough knowledge like i said post up a pic when you get stuck and ill help you out! check pictures on the second page of my cars thread (link in my sig) and you may get some hints to things you were unsure of!

yes thats what i just did i have a punto s so yeah and its not that hard if you know have a rough knowledge like i said post up a pic when you get stuck and ill help you out! check pictures on the second page of my cars thread (link in my sig) and you may get some hints to things you were unsure of!

hey thanks i will have a look, although i defo won't be able to do it myself cos am not all that confident with cars i just drive them and get others to do the work :eek:

thanks for the info

well i just ordered this remote locking kit earlier..
along with a boot solenoid :)

so if the locking doesnt work ill blame you !! lol

but seriously thanks for advice ..
and i may be asking you some questions about the install :)

Thx again
***Cj***

Right guys, I fitted this kit succesfully today :D

Very simple really. I wired the indicator feeds into the loom which plugs into the rear of the fuse box (the one with multiple light blue, light blue+black and one brown wire). The lock wire from the unit (green) I wired into the white wire coming in from the door near the fusebox. The unlock wire (blue) wires into the light blue wire from the door. And the pink and orange wires just need to be connected to earth (as I suspected).

Unit works a treat, my friend is very happy with it (she has said thank-you quite a few times today) :)

I will also be fitting her a boot release at some point, but I'm going to fit one to my GTO first ;)

Cheers

Gav

thanks for info dude,
mines on the way hopfully ill have it fitted by next weekend!

***Cj***

p.s i hope she said thankyou with more than words lol !!

p.s i hope she said thankyou with more than words lol !!

I should be so lucky! :D I think even a hug would be asking too much from her... :(

She's my best mate though, so I'm more than happy to do these things for her, and seeing how happy she is with it is reward enough... (convinced? nah, me either, but it sounds good ;) )

Gav

The plug in is no longer available from Fiat, but the In-pro and the Fiat plug in are EXACTLY the same...

Sounds just about right for Fiat. Couldn't even get an alarm for a 2004 Panda that they had on the options list :(

(you know how to make central locking on a 2004 Panda remote Peter?)

Right guys, I fitted this kit succesfully today :D

Very simple really. I wired the indicator feeds into the loom which plugs into the rear of the fuse box (the one with multiple light blue, light blue+black and one brown wire). The lock wire from the unit (green) I wired into the white wire coming in from the door near the fusebox. The unlock wire (blue) wires into the light blue wire from the door. And the pink and orange wires just need to be connected to earth (as I suspected).

Unit works a treat, my friend is very happy with it (she has said thank-you quite a few times today) :)

I will also be fitting her a boot release at some point, but I'm going to fit one to my GTO first ;)

Cheers

Gav
Hello. Where exactly are the cables from Indicators light In the fuse box?? I need them to connect Keyless entry system.

Back