Technical Fitting Powerflex bushes

Currently reading:
Technical Fitting Powerflex bushes

Just finished replacing bushes, this corrected the ride hieight & the knocking has gone. Removing the lower arm & replacing it was quite straight forward, however, removing the old bushes's proved to be a right git of a job. I filled the swearbox in just half an hour:D.

Thanks for your help.

Stephen

looks like im in for a tread then. gonna have to change mine when ive been paid :D oh how im not looking forward to this. i must say this thread has been very helpful :D

p.s why are powerflex so bloody expensive !?!

cheers
mark

Last edited:
i know this thread was from a while back but if anyone interested im in the process of changing my rear bushes for powerflexes.

ive done the passenger side which was worst but this weekend i will be doing the drivers side so will take pics if anyone would like a guide?

let me know (y)

no worries, will document the progress lol

prob be doing a guide on alternator replacement too as doing that!

now just gotta either find single abarth sei alloy or find somewhere to bang the dent out :(

Hi,

I have this knocking noise from the passenger side rear of my 2002 Sei Schumacher.

I have read that replacing the bushes with Powerflex ones as oppossed to standards is easier and they should last longer.

The problem is I can only find the Powerflex bushes advertised for Cento's. Can the Cento ones be used in Sei's (I imagine they are the same)?

Also where is the best place to buy them from?

Thanks Danny

Sorry to bring this back to the top but I am hoping to get an answer to my above post asap.

I want to work on the car over the weekend so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

May need to change mine too.

Where is the cheapest place to get the rear power flex bushes?

Best I've found so far is £58 delivered from an eBay vendor.

I got the Rally Design bushes for my previous car, about half the price of powerflex. Claimed to be better quality. They appear to not do Cinque rear bushes.

Thanks.

Last edited:
If that's 'Cento time', I just trawled through his whole eBay list, no polybushes there. Just OE parts that seem a tad expensive.

I've just found a phone number. I'll do as you suggest.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Back