Styling Fitting Fiat rear Mudflaps to 500

Currently reading:
Styling Fitting Fiat rear Mudflaps to 500

treborgonzo

Ive just got my new fiat 500 lounge and decided to fit rear mud flaps.
I thought buying proper Fiat mudflaps instead of generic mud flaps would make them easier to fit - wrong - I received my mudflaps yesterday and cant make head nor tail of the instructions which it says are for an "expert fitter" . Ive attempted to fit them without using the instructions without success - has anybody fitted these mudflaps to a 500 and if so can you give me a clue as to go about it.

Thanks in anticipation

:bang::worship:

Ive just got my new fiat 500 lounge and decided to fit rear mud flaps.
I thought buying proper Fiat mudflaps instead of generic mud flaps would make them easier to fit - wrong - I received my mudflaps yesterday and cant make head nor tail of the instructions which it says are for an "expert fitter" . Ive attempted to fit them without using the instructions without success - has anybody fitted these mudflaps to a 500 and if so can you give me a clue as to go about it.

Thanks in anticipation

:bang::worship:
This won't be any comfort to you, but fitting rear mudflaps to a 500 won't do anything to keep it cleaner at the back.

Hi- I had the same problem, and decided to leave in the capable hands of the dealer. It required the removal of the rear wheels (16" multispoke) and then the correct torque when reftted. In all not a bad fit, and it does help to keep spray down for those behind, so they can see you. Never had to have assistance before to fit mudflaps. Recently fitted myself front ones ( Thanks Mark) Ford ka and not a bad fit,but not perfect. I beleive in mudflaps for road safty.

Well, picture the scene, three lanes of motorway, wet drizzle loads of sh one t being thrown up,rear end shunts, dont want to know about street crede, get em fitted, you know it makes sense.

Well, picture the scene, three lanes of motorway, wet drizzle loads of sh one t being thrown up,rear end shunts, dont want to know about street crede, get em fitted, you know it makes sense.
I see what you mean, but you could always slow down if visibility is that bad.

I've driven in heavy rain on a motorway a few times and I just head for the slow lane if things are that bad, let the idiots play about in the fast lane :)

I see what you mean, but you could always slow down if visibility is that bad.

I've driven in heavy rain on a motorway a few times and I just head for the slow lane if things are that bad, let the idiots play about in the fast lane :)
Wouldn't that mean you'll get rear ended by a heavy truck rather than a car though?

who said anything about braking? If visiability is that bad vehicle behind can't see you due to lack of rear mud flaps, it will plough into you no matter what, but if its slow lane chances are its a truck.

I've ordered both front and back. The front are Ford Ka ones thanks to this forum and the rear from fiat. I ordered both from Ford as a better price originally. The front appear as though they will fit well(being fitted tomorrow by my family run Ford/ Mazda dealer). They appear as though only 2 of the 3 fixing points will be possible though. The Ford rear weren't a bad fit but as very visible I'm sending them back and have ordered Fiats. We'll see how I get on . . .

I've ordered both front and back. The front are Ford Ka ones thanks to this forum and the rear from fiat. I ordered both from Ford as a better price originally. The front appear as though they will fit well(being fitted tomorrow by my family run Ford/ Mazda dealer). They appear as though only 2 of the 3 fixing points will be possible though. The Ford rear weren't a bad fit but as very visible I'm sending them back and have ordered Fiats. We'll see how I get on . . .

You must have pretty bad roads where you located ?

Well after being able to see spray marks up the side of my car after the first weekends driving my dad quickly won me round to the idea. Anything that will look after my shiny new car is good by me. Dad thinks I only need front ones to protect the car. I think this will look odd though so have gone for both. I do live in a pretty rural area, muddy B roads. If there's no need to remove rear wheels may be able to fit the rear mud flaps with Dads assistance once they arrive. Am getting the front ones done professionally as need the two out of 3 fixing points that are possible to be done well.

Last edited:
Honestly, the rear mudflaps do NOTHING. If your car isn't black they'll look stupid on the back as well.

The front ones are a very worthwhile investment. Stonechip-free sills (y)

Reactions: Jor
Honestly, the rear mudflaps do NOTHING. If your car isn't black they'll look stupid on the back as well.

The front ones are a very worthwhile investment. Stonechip-free sills (y)

On the '08 1.4 black sport that I sold (it had no mudflags :)) it had clocked up 39k miles around the Irish countryside (most of it by the previous owner). The only marks it had on the bodywork was at the front of the car (bumper and bonnet) and on the passenger side front bumper from stone chips from the front wheel. Doing 60mph a tight country road passing a car does wonders for your paintwork :eek:. The rear bumper was perfect with no marks.

Well the front ones are being fitted at the mo. I'll have a look once the rear ones arrive. If not a good look I'll just stick them on ebay. My car is rock and roll blue, very dark so may look o.k. Thanks.

Thanks for that, I've got the rear mud flaps just need to get them fitted. I got them off ebay at the same price as fiat website but saved on the postage. Only prob is they may look different to the front ford ones as the ford are plastic and the fiat rubber. We'll see any way will keep you posted and update my garage pics soon.

Thanks for that, I've got the rear mud flaps just need to get them fitted. I got them off ebay at the same price as fiat website but saved on the postage. Only prob is they may look different to the front ford ones as the ford are plastic and the fiat rubber. We'll see any way will keep you posted and update my garage pics soon.

Hadn't realised you already bought the mudflaps - anyway best of luck with the fitting.

Back