Technical Fitting a clutch cable seicento

Currently reading:
Technical Fitting a clutch cable seicento

Martine

Fiat Toffee centre
I think the cable is on its way out, fiat quoted me £68 for and to fit a new one. :confused: :confused:

I can get a cable elsewhere for £9, but as there is no haynes manual for this car yet I was wondering if someone could give me a good step by step guide to replacing and adjusting it. As they are prone to going it might be a good thing to learn

Kind regards

Martine

It's an absolute pig of a job on a Sei (more so the later MPi model) compared to the Cinq. I took the passenger seat out so I could lie on the floor whilst doing it!

You can't tell if the clutch cable is on it's way out (I don't think anyway, correct me if I'm wrong techies) it just snaps leaving you in a bit of a pickle.

Yeah the cable doesn't have a "fade" period. Its not the cable bit that snaps, its the cast hook on the end. The cable may need adjusting from time to time to counter the natural stretching of the cable, but when the hook fails it just lets go randomly, there's no warning.

£9 seems cheap, I take it this isn't a Fiat cable? I've never used the non Fiat cable but would think the OE stuff would be better and fit easier etc and for only £4 extra it ain't too expensive.

If you have an induction kit and the right tools you can do it first time in about an hour then it only gets faster.

When it goes add yourself to this thread

https://www.fiatforum.com/showthread.php?t=31065&highlight=clutch+cable+league+table

Liam

I have the same problem. My question is, how do you get to the cable to change it? It seems to be located behind the dashboard shelf. How do I remove this?

Thanks.

Martin.

I have the same problem. My question is, how do you get to the cable to change it? It seems to be located behind the dashboard shelf. How do I remove this?

Thanks.

Martin.

Ps 2002 Seicento

martin radford said:

Thanks.

Martin.

Ps 2002 Seicento

once you have removed the power steering ecu (i think), well the metal box with wires going into it :p all will be revealed :)

do you know any chinese gymnasts? , a pair of long nose pliers is a must along with a lot of paitence

Back