Fitting a CD player...

Currently reading:
Fitting a CD player...

Jacko_Dale

Trying to figure out how I'd go about fitting a CD player in my Punto as opposed to keeping the bog standard tape player. The dealer said I'd need to buy a new fasica then a new stereo. Anyone know where I could get one of these? And how much they cost? Anything else I need to know?

Cheers (y)

You can get all you need from Halfords or other car hi fi store.

If you check the following you'll find your way to a site giving 4 pages telling you which head unit(s) work with different cd changers.

who mentioned a changer? they want to replace the headunit with one that plays cds.

you need a fascia adapter. since you dont say which punto you have i cant tell you which one, but you can get them for under a fiver on ebay. then you can fit any standard (DIN) sized headunit, £50 will get you a half decent one on ebay.

who mentioned a changer? they want to replace the headunit with one that plays cds.

you need a fascia adapter. since you dont say which punto you have i cant tell you which one, but you can get them for under a fiver on ebay. then you can fit any standard (DIN) sized headunit, £50 will get you a half decent one on ebay.

No-one "mentioned a changer", but if the original radio/tape unit is a factory fit Blaupunkt made since 2000, chances are that it has the facility to operate a remote cd player. Jacko, if you check the model against the list I posted earlier (just follow the link in my first post on this thread) you'll see if your radio will easily run a cd changer. Advantages are they hold up to 10 cd's, second hand should cost less than a single play cd/radio, and lets you play your old favorite tapes if you want to. Oh, it also preserves the look of the dashboard; no mucking about trying to change the fascia or fit an adapter:D ..................Jim.

Back