General Fitted New Cruise Controls Today ....

Currently reading:
General Fitted New Cruise Controls Today ....

did u fit a new cluster? that may already "know" about cruise control....so it just worked...

Yes, but the cluster was out of a Stilo that had no cruise controls. Plus, activation of the light is via the body computer. :confused:

also yes i have plenty spare USB's....going to buy an elm cable once the current car mess has cleared and financial recovery has taken place, but i would like to get the bluetooth one working in the future...it works fine with 3rd party apps (messed around with some apps on my new android, and it does cool things....)

USB woud be much less hassle for you but being able to use the bluetooth version would be well nice. If a fellow Fiat owner has problems with their car, you plug in the Bluetooth Elm and diagnose his fault using your car PC. ;)

also didnt realise it also says "cruise control on"....i want...lol

Yeh its a nice touch. Wish I knew how I managed to get it all working properly. Is it possible that most cars are already fully programmed and will activate the light when FES tells it to?

what a fanasticly usefull thread!!(y) on a recent trip to brooklands not so long ago, i though to myself "i really wish i had cruise control" and i can't belive it could be that simple?? so just to clarify, providing i have the plug tucked away under the steering shroud, i could plug a cruise control switch from a stilo or an alfa 147 and roberts your fathers brother, i'll have cruise control???? abet, without the dash light telling u its on?

oh my god, you got me frickin sharks with frickin laser beams on their frickin heads!!!

*facepalm*

YES GADGE!!! Thats pretty much what the past 42 posts have been about... Read the guides once in a while its been there for 3 damn years!!!! ;)

Would anybody like to install this for me, providing i can get the parts for a reasonable fee?

oh my god, you got me frickin sharks with frickin laser beams on their frickin heads!!!

*facepalm*

YES GADGE!!! Thats pretty much what the past 42 posts have been about... Read the guides once in a while its been there for 3 damn years!!!! ;)

ta, did read the guides - got bored so thought i'ld just ask cos it seemed to good to be true.....oh and i only been on here 7 months so when you say "its only been on hear 3 damm years??".... does'nt really mean alot to me? nor does the fricking sharks bit??? seriously dude? less coffee? (y)

Last edited:
Hey gadge, not sure how I did it but I got the light working too so it is possible to have the whole "Cruise Control" thing 100% working in less than 30 min.

thanks, all though, i'ld be ok without the light on myself?? it does'nt really bear any purpose other than to tell you its on? so i'm ok with that?:)

Back