General Fitted New Cruise Controls Today ....

Currently reading:
General Fitted New Cruise Controls Today ....

shadey, you have an alfa stalk, the FIAT one comes with the whole switchgear (indicators, light, wipers) cant be bought on its own except from breakers...

Yes deffinately an Alfa stalk, just compared it to Phil pdp stalk. They're very similar but mine is deffinately an Alfa stalk.

Its an excellent feature isnt it (y)

I fitted it because it sounded easy to do and was only £35 but I'm glad I did, its great on longer journey's, the missus love it and its seems to help with MPG.

have you turned on the light in FES?

I tried but Proxi-alignment is required afterwards or it won't work. I'm unable to to do Proxi-alignment on my Stilo as FES is still unable to access the Stilo Climate Control node. :(

i STILL havnt got my blutooth OBD dongle to work, i think the screen in the dash is messing with the bluetooth link between PC and dongle

I suppose you could use a cable instead if you have a spare USB?

Is this actually possible? I understood retro-fitting the stalk meant you had to do without the dash light, as the body computer will never recognise the fact that cruise is installed...

Yes, check out the attached screen shot.

Attachments

• 55555.jpg
    55555.jpg
    181.5 KB · Views: 710
I tried but Proxi-alignment is required afterwards or it won't work. I'm unable to to do Proxi-alignment on my Stilo as FES is still unable to access the Stilo Climate Control node. :(

I've got no Idea how this happened but the Cruise Control Light on the dash is working.

When I turn the cruise control on, the light on the dash lights up.

When I turn the cruise control off the light on the dash goes off.

Proxi-alignment must have worked. :shrug:

Glad I could help with the photos. Enjoy your cruise control. I use mine every time I drive :D

So do I. The one thing that annoys me (compared to other manufacturers' cruise systems) is that the only way you can temporarily disable it, is by dabbing the clutch or brake.

I wish it had a switch that enabled you to stop cruise, then use 'resume' to reselect your previous speed. The only function on the stalk is 'on' or 'off', and 'resume' only works if you've disabled cruise using the 'pedal dab' mentioned above. Unless I've missed something...

Proxi-alignment definately failed because the millage is still flashing but the Cruise Control light on the dash deffinately works as it should, check out the video below.

[ame="http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm189/Shadeyman67/?action=view&current=19062011071.mp4"]19062011071.mp4 video by Shadeyman67 - Photobucket@@AMEPARAM@@http://vid296.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid296.photobucket.com/albums/mm189/Shadeyman67/19062011071.mp4@@AMEPARAM@@vid296@@AMEPARAM@@296@@AMEPARAM@@mm189/Shadeyman67/19062011071@@AMEPARAM@@mp4[/ame]

Edit.
The funny looking lump on the end of my finger is tile adhesive. Just got home from tiling the mother-in-laws bathroom.

did u fit a new cluster? that may already "know" about cruise control....so it just worked...

also yes i have plenty spare USB's....going to buy an elm cable once the current car mess has cleared and financial recovery has taken place, but i would like to get the bluetooth one working in the future...it works fine with 3rd party apps (messed around with some apps on my new android, and it does cool things....)

also didnt realise it also says "cruise control on"....i want...lol

If I have this connector in the battery bay with these four wires going into it, does this mean I am prewired?
attachment.php

takes some time and ash try modification... im a smoker but i never use the interior ashtrays... always goes out the window! i intially went to the trouble of 'hiding' it there so the mrs didnt see it cos i was on strict instructions 'not to play with this car'... turns out i managed to hide it from her for about 12weeks before we went up north for a wedding and i popped out the 'steath' controls without thinking as i use them every day on the way to work and back

her reaction was sommin like :eek::mad:...:confused::eek::cool:(y)

takes some time and ash try modification... im a smoker but i never use the interior ashtrays... always goes out the window! i intially went to the trouble of 'hiding' it there so the mrs didnt see it cos i was on strict instructions 'not to play with this car'... turns out i managed to hide it from her for about 12weeks before we went up north for a wedding and i popped out the 'steath' controls without thinking as i use them every day on the way to work and back

her reaction was sommin like :eek::mad:...:confused::eek::cool:(y)

I have a question cause I plan on using your approach:) I have two wires going into each pin of the D4A connector like in this picture here:
attachment.php

So I have these two wires going into a single pin one of them has to be connected to a 12V feed and you use toggle buttons that just send a pulse to the ECU that way, right?

So do I. The one thing that annoys me (compared to other manufacturers' cruise systems) is that the only way you can temporarily disable it, is by dabbing the clutch or brake.

I wish it had a switch that enabled you to stop cruise, then use 'resume' to reselect your previous speed. The only function on the stalk is 'on' or 'off', and 'resume' only works if you've disabled cruise using the 'pedal dab' mentioned above. Unless I've missed something...

You haven't missed anything. I also wish it had that feature. It's still great though :)

Surely the thing to do is use some sort of bluetooth interface and control it from your phone?
You could make a fortune with a plug-in bluetooth cruise control module!

CC.jpg

D4A requires the relevant wire to be fed with 12v to activate each part of the CC system

for your off - (on) 'resume' switch give it 12v at one teminal and link the other one in to a02

for your (on) -off - (on) 'speed' switch give the 'center' terminal 12v and link the other terminals to a03(speed -) and a04 (speed +)

for your on - off 'power' switch put a 12v feed to it and link the other terminal to a05 (as long as a05 recieves a constant 12v then the CC system will be active)

switch types that i used were as above.

depicted like this (on) means it has a momentary operation. so you press it and when it is released it returns to the off position.

i think that makes it a little clearer but i dont know.

Last edited:
View attachment 91799

D4A requires the relevant wire to be fed with 12v to activate each part of the CC system

for your off - (on) 'resume' switch give it 12v at one teminal and link the other one in to a02

for your (on) -off - (on) 'speed' switch give the 'center' terminal 12v and link the other terminals to a03(speed -) and a04 (speed +)

for your on - off 'power' switch put a 12v feed to it and link the other terminal to a05 (as long as a05 recieves a constant 12v then the CC system will be active)

switch types that i used were as above.

depicted like this (on) means it has a momentary operation. so you press it and when it is released it returns to the off position.

i think that makes it a little clearer but i dont know.

Thanks (y) So I'll try experimenting this week :)

Surely the thing to do is use some sort of bluetooth interface and control it from your phone?
You could make a fortune with a plug-in bluetooth cruise control module!

all well and good on a CC system that is linked into CAN network... Stilo CC isnt... its just feeding certain pins on the engine ECU with a 12v supply hence why its only 4 wires... the light on the dash is the engine ECU talking to the dash module telling it that it has a 12v feed on the CC 'activate' pin. (the dash module only recognises the signal from engine ECU and puts the light on if it has been correctly set up via a parameter change and proxi alignment)

Back