General First time Stilo buyer - advice please :)

Currently reading:
General First time Stilo buyer - advice please :)

Re: What colour is this car?

the slightly quicker would also be contributed to the extra 5bhp that the sporting has on the say dynamic at 115 and the sporting is 120

my sporting is a couple of seconds quicker I think you must be forgetting about the 150sporting_________________

Traffic film remover....basically it a hand wash jobbie EVERY time, the automated car washes, and the hand wash places you pay for all use TRF on your wheels, bonnet, sills, doors and boot (they spray if on from a hand pump container).....this cuts through the tough grime without elbow grease and a proper wash....it also reacts with the paint (over a LONG period of time) causing it to go pinky...so take care of your baby yourself, besides you can get a MUCH better shine without damaging paintwork....

Traffic film remover....basically it a hand wash jobbie EVERY time, the automated car washes, and the hand wash places you pay for all use TRF on your wheels, bonnet, sills, doors and boot (they spray if on from a hand pump container).....this cuts through the tough grime without elbow grease and a proper wash....it also reacts with the paint (over a LONG period of time) causing it to go pinky...so take care of your baby yourself, besides you can get a MUCH better shine without damaging paintwork....

Ta very much :)

unfortunately it looks like my offers are not going to be accepted on the car :( same as I was really starting to like it and the colour.

Hight mileage worth the risk?

Hey :)

So that Red stilo as i was looking at went to someone else :( Boo Hiss!

but I've seen another with a small snag, the mileage...

2006 '06 reg Sporting 120bhp with 96,000 miles (yup! think it's been motorway commuting) One Owner with Full Dealer Service History - £3,999

Would you say that it isa no-go due to the really high mileage? or does that kind of consistent mileage on Motorways mean the engine is just about 'broken in'?

B

96k is a lot of miles for a car that is 3 years old, 32k a year, 615 miles a week and that is if the previous owner used it 7 days a week or its
700+ a week if used for 5 days :eek: :eek: :eek: and it's a lot of money for it you should be looking for an 05 abarth for that much with decent milage and FSH :slayer:

this is what you should be looking to buy for 4k http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2004-FIAT-STI...s_UK?hash=item2ea7f16569&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
my first years insurance on a 1.2 punto was £1800!!!! if i could get of got that price on an abarth at 18 i would have done it!!!!

Ouch that still sounds high to me :)
Yes I'm a new driver but I'm now 27 so that does bring it down somwhat.

I'm getting quotes at about £1070 insurance for the fist year on a 1.9JTD and £1250 on a 1.9Multijet Sporting

96k is a lot of miles for a car that is 3 years old, 32k a year, 615 miles a week and that is if the previous owner used it 7 days a week or its
700+ a week if used for 5 days :eek: :eek: :eek: and it's a lot of money for it you should be looking for an 05 abarth for that much with decent milage and FSH :slayer:
[/URL]

Thats actually probably a good car to look at! Because to rattle up 700+ miles a week its probably spent most of its life on the motorway. Which will mean its not been subjected to lots of stop start driving on the clutch and brakes, and the exhaust will be in perfect condition inside as it won't have filled with water and rusted out. Plus the engine will only just be run in now.

Also JTD's need a good run to keep them going properly, the worst JTD you could buy would be one with low milage thats only ever done 2mile shopping runs every day!

And thanks to the high milage the car should be cheap cheap cheap.

Ouch that still sounds high to me :)
Yes I'm a new driver but I'm now 27 so that does bring it down somwhat.

I'm getting quotes at about £1070 insurance for the fist year on a 1.9JTD and £1250 on a 1.9Multijet Sporting

that does still sound high at 27 i pay 1300 on a 1.9 multijet sporting and i'm 18 with no NCB been driving 18 month and thats with 1 at fault crash

Its not just based on age, remember location and no-claims are very important too.

I pay £260 for my 1.2 lol, and thats not with hunting around, i've been with RAC for about 5 years lol, premium never goes down, but hey it never goes up either. And I've got my non-driving learner sister on the policy too.

Thats actually probably a good car to look at! Because to rattle up 700+ miles a week its probably spent most of its life on the motorway. Which will mean its not been subjected to lots of stop start driving on the clutch and brakes, and the exhaust will be in perfect condition inside as it won't have filled with water and rusted out. Plus the engine will only just be run in now.

Also JTD's need a good run to keep them going properly, the worst JTD you could buy would be one with low milage thats only ever done 2mile shopping runs every day!

And thanks to the high milage the car should be cheap cheap cheap.

humm, that has got me thinking now about how I'll be using the car...
I like the diesel because of the way it drives and the torque, I did some of my learning in a diesel.

But I will not be using the car every day as I will walk to work to save parking the car car will be used at weekends visiting people, general driving and the odd weekday trip to the supermarket.

is that kinda of driving not good for a diesel engine?

Well its not ideal, but personally if your going to be covering under 50miles a week then why buy a diesel? You'll never re-coup the cost, and you likely won't get the fuel economy either. If you want the torque get an Abarth, you'll probably get one cheaper too lol.

Had I been doing this kind of milage when I originally got my 1.2 I might have considered getting a 1.6 or above for the extra power. Would have hardly impacted on my pocket.

If you do massive milage I'd definately recommend the JTD (any model), if you do medium to occasionally high milage then I recommend the 1.2 (if you want decent long distance economy). If you use the car irregularly or for short trips then any of the other petrol models are perfect. If its just once a week you use the car hell treat yourself to the Abarth at least you'll be looking forward to the weekend all week. lol

Back