General First time Stilo buyer - advice please :)

Currently reading:
General First time Stilo buyer - advice please :)

Re: What colour is this car?

mines a 150mJET a 07 and its red

Attachments

• Badge.JPG
    Badge.JPG
    846.9 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

mines a 150mJET a 07 and its red

That's because yours is something special! 150bhp, that must fly :eek:

That said the colouring on your red lettering looks the same as on the picture i posted.

Guessing that something either bought the red badge as a replacement or it came that colour with the optional red paint.

my pic is orange cos of the EXTREME sunlight, but it is defiantly red in the flesh no orange to be seen :D u couldn't get much redder in my opinion...

(plz use thanks button it makes me happy lolol)

Brilliant, I like red red.
Think it is time to make an offer on the car.

- thanks have been clicked (y)

The Dynamic badge on my JTD MW is chrome, but then the car has spent its whole life in / around Belfast, and was re-registered with UK plates pior to us buying it... (last week!) (y)

the one on my sporting is a red badge. i think it is what colour stands out best as my car is silve so chrome badge wouldnt work if you get my drift.

also on the pics it doesnt have sideskirts if it were sporting it should have sideskirts

EDIT: also the sporting badges on my old punto sporting were red aswell

Last edited:

wrong Johns mjet aint got skirts..........Might be an optional extra.
View attachment 68579

Yeh according to the Brochure the Spoiler is a standard and the Side Skirts were an option of £250.
Now I know the colour code I can start looking for some side skirts for it to see how much they cost.

Just put an offer in for the car :D

As far as I understand, "Sporting" could really be exhanged with "Spoof" then. Nothing sporty at all. Haha. Just another version of a standard stilo with optinal extras.

M.

As far as I understand, "Sporting" could really be exhanged with "Spoof" then. Nothing sporty at all. Haha. Just another version of a standard stilo with optinal extras.

M.

Possibly..
for the 06-07 'Sporting' model was only available with the Mjet engine and in 3 door. Compared to the 5 door and the MW I would say that the 'sporting' was a bit sporty.
Got the looks being 3 door and not 5, that also giving it a little weight saving of 55kg on a slightly shorter wheel base, lower and stiffer springs and 17" alloys.

Slightly quicker to 60 than the 5 door due to weight saving.

Prior to 2006 it looks like quite a different story with bot the Sporting and Dynamic models available with a range of engines in 3 door with I think the Sporting having more standard equipment but the dynamic having more optional extras.

Got the looks being 3 door and not 5, that also giving it a little weight saving of 55kg on a slightly shorter wheel base, lower and stiffer springs and 17" alloys.

Good points.

Does it really have lower springs? I can understand stiffer, due to wheight of a bigger engine. A 3 door looks more sporty than the 5 door, as it's not that tall at the tail. Less rubber at the wheels (17") would also improve handling - more sporting.

Good points.

Does it really have lower springs? I can understand stiffer, due to wheight of a bigger engine. A 3 door looks more sporty than the 5 door, as it's not that tall at the tail. Less rubber at the wheels (17") would also improve handling - more sporting.

I'm sure they are both lower and stiffer.
When I was looking at at 3 door and 5 door side-by-side the 3 door was stilling slightly lower than the 5 and it had bigger alloys

I would have thought a couple of seconds would be a bit more than slightly quicker

It's not quite that much faster :D

1.9 Mjet Engin - 0-62 with two passenger and 20kg luggage.

3door sporting - 10.7
5door - 10.9
MW - 11.3

Even if it is Tizziano Rosso paint code 199 I'd go look as the red paint fades fast & fierce to a very girly pink :ROFLMAO: if it hasnt been well looked after!

wrong Johns mjet aint got skirts..........Might be an optional extra.
View attachment 68579

my bad, but makes me feel better as mine has this extra :D

Possibly..
for the 06-07 'Sporting' model was only available with the Mjet engine and in 3 door. Compared to the 5 door and the MW I would say that the 'sporting' was a bit sporty.

Prior to 2006 it looks like quite a different story with bot the Sporting and Dynamic models available with a range of engines in 3 door with I think the Sporting having more standard equipment but the dynamic having more optional extras.

i wouldn't say the springs are stiffer tbh or at least dont feel it.

the slightly quicker would also be contributed to the extra 5bhp that the sporting has on the say dynamic at 115 and the sporting is 120

I'm sure they are both lower and stiffer.
When I was looking at at 3 door and 5 door side-by-side the 3 door was stilling slightly lower than the 5 and it had bigger alloys
3 & 5 door use the same springs and I should know as I've got 3 door Abarth springs fitted to my 5 door JTD

I'd be extremely surprised if they bothered to change the springs as well as putting a "sporting" badge on the side.

They did for the Schumacher but then it was also a lot more money.

Back