General First time Stilo buyer - advice please :)

Currently reading:
General First time Stilo buyer - advice please :)

Well its not ideal, but personally if your going to be covering under 50miles a week then why buy a diesel? You'll never re-coup the cost, and you likely won't get the fuel economy either. If you want the torque get an Abarth, you'll probably get one cheaper too lol.

Had I been doing this kind of milage when I originally got my 1.2 I might have considered getting a 1.6 or above for the extra power. Would have hardly impacted on my pocket.

If you do massive milage I'd definately recommend the JTD (any model), if you do medium to occasionally high milage then I recommend the 1.2 (if you want decent long distance economy). If you use the car irregularly or for short trips then any of the other petrol models are perfect. If its just once a week you use the car hell treat yourself to the Abarth at least you'll be looking forward to the weekend all week. lol

Yeh that does make sense... OMG I can't believe I'm toying with the idea of an Abarth! :bang:

Again it's the insurance tho, my Dad is giving me some money as a first car and belated birthday present to go towards insurance but I don't think that he would do that for a car with a 2.4L 20v engine!!

Any idea on the economy figures for the Abarth?

Economy, fair to say typically under 25mpg lol But then at least your enjoying yourself.

I think maybe you need to do some personal research into what you want, check all the motoring magazine sites etc and get a feel for the model you might want. All we can do is give you out opinions and I think you need to work out what yours is. :)

I thought that I wanted the 1.9JTD or 1.9MultiJet until I read the comments about how best to use them.
I still think even with my less than desirable useage that the will be the better option in the long run. I'll have to keep the car I get for at least three years, 27 now who knows what my needs will be in a couple of years time :D

Why not go for the 1.8 I get 40 mpg average and it goes realy well when i get the urge to put my foot down :devil: and the insurance is a lot lower than the abarth, there is a good 1.8 in the classifieds last time i looked

Karl

Back