Technical First couple of issues

Currently reading:
Technical First couple of issues

did you put the alterator pully back on the correct way? as it can go on 3 ways two of them are wrong and the engine wont fire due to the write info at the wrong time due to that

Ash

Oh, tell me more, was not aware I could put the pulley on the wrong way:confused:

Oh, tell me more, was not aware I could put the pulley on the wrong way:confused:

some have a key so you can't put it on the wrong way some dont

if you look at the notches aka teeth on the pulley they arnt the same all the way around it, the crank sensor (towards the front of the engine) that points at it gets a pulley get's a (magnetic) signal from this as each one passes and tells the engine when to park the plugs, this would be like having the spark 33% either retarded or advanced depending on which way

easy way to check is to just look at the back as mine has a fiat stamped on the crank pulley (your might not) and a clean section on the alternator pulley so that how i did mine

you could just do trial and error without the alternator belt on to see if it fires up, if it doesn't turn it around if it does stop and put the alternator belt on making sure the pulley goes on the correct way

Ash

If you look closely at the fan belt pulley you will see s dinky small hole, this aligns with a dinky small nipple, or should do.

So off with the wheel again...

Noel

Just to confirm, this is off the alternator pulley:confused:

Not the bottom cambelt pulley??

Ah, ta folks!!

Got to take the bloody wheel arch liner off again then:mad:

All done, and the system bled thanks to rallycinq in another post.

Bunged in a load of coolent cleaner which I will run for a day or so and then refill with anti freeze. Water that came out is very rusty:( Not me, previous owner:D

Ran the car to work this morning, and the water warning light came on very dim. Although the car did not overheat?

Any ideas please?

Did you sort the alternator issue?
Are there any other lights on dim?

No, the alternator is on the other car to this one with the water light on.

Alternator is overcharging:(

I go past a Euro car parts on the way home, but their site lists two sensors. Can anybody confirm the right one for a light, not a gauge?

Thanks

Yes, confirmed the correct sensor, and it is the same size as the one I took out:eek:

However, just changed it, took it for a spin to warm it up and the light came on, a bit brighter than before though (If that makes any difference!!)

Where should I look now please:D

Car is showing no signs of overheating, but the water pipes feel very hard once the engine is hot and running.

Gradually brighter from a dim start, then went a little dim again for a minute or so then brighter again:confused:

Back