Tuning Fiorino-vxr/abarth engine swap

Currently reading:
Tuning Fiorino-vxr/abarth engine swap

Alright chaps had my fiorino 2010 for over a year now and got it looking the part lowered on 17" old style superturismos but looking to get my teeth sunk in to a project so looking to engine swap for some decent power.i know its the same chassis as the corsa d as thats how I lowered it but would a corsa vxr engine go in?im thinking it would be a lot of cash to buy an engine to find out its a total nightmare.grande punto abarth I'm thinking also but gona be hens teeth finding that engine.

Il get some pics up.just washed it and its in my garage drying off so gota take it somewhere for pics.just lowered with eibachs on 17's,fiat wind deflectors.genuine fiat seat covers,full ply lined and carpeted.no side door on mines.next is to get a chip box.sent the ecu away to van tuner down south but he struggled with it and needed the van down so he could map it there.

Yeh it's my next move for sure.was thinking about some kw coliovers but had some before and can be a bit harsh.found a pic on my phone.here he is.nicknamed "the pimpvan":)
FDEC3699-823F-4EDE-8799-B854339E621E-84111-0000182172BDC5DA_zpsab360854.jpg

Did you ever try to get the shells off or know how to,because that's how i want to spray mine, i did see some primed shells on ebay but they are double the price of normal ones, i got some paint mixed up for doing other stuff but have'nt got round to doing the mirror shells yet,don't see the point in lacquering them as the paint on the van is'nt
Luigi

Just went out and checked them and I'm not sure if I lacquered them or not.they look like they came factory tho but I don't think mines were textured as I didnt have to do crazy amount of sanding.
Good to know someone else out there is modding one as no doubt il have a hundred questions.for example is there anything we can do with the steering wheel as its dull and boring.

Good point,but it depends,one of my projects is to get steering wheel controls for the head unit which i'm keeping standard as its an mp3 version pluged into it is a cd changer interface so i can plug in a sd card or mem stick.
Also cruse controll is on the cards as well as these share the same stalks as the alfa 147 and the wiring is all there on mine
What nodle do you haxe? is it a sx?
Luigi

Its a basic model.crap actually.manual windows!have bought a universal windowb kit to fit and got the switches from a breaking forino so it looks factory.havent got round to fitting it as weekends have been busy with work.forget how much you miss the simple things in life till you haven't got electric windows:cry:
Cruise control would be the bees knees for up and down the motorway.

Mines also the basic model but........the previous owner from new specified air con, bluetooth, electric windows and also the mp3 head unit.
I've gone even further,rear parking sensors,fiat meta alarm.rear camera[fitted in rear door lock barrel] which i view on my 9'' pda running windows with igo satnav
i'm going to post pictures of this for another thread that is running.
Luigi

Yeh I just got some 249 white paint and masked everything off and done them on the van, came out very well.

Did you get the paint from Fiat or Halfrauds? Is it as easy as just going and asking for 'some 249 paint?' (Or using the flip chart on the spray cans/tins rack - I'll want some 199 Red for my future acquisition)

Luigi which type rear parking sensors did you get? Ebay? Also have you sorted the Cruise Control yet...

I seem to remember seeing somewhere on this Fiorino Mk3 forum that Steven S has sold his van to another forumite, is this correct?

Great to read about mods etc. Nice to be different!

Paul aka R-V-M

Back