Technical Fiorino front suspension and gearbox mount pics required!

Currently reading:
Technical Fiorino front suspension and gearbox mount pics required!

I have embarked on a Yugo project which involves putting a C510 type gearbox in my engine bay. I know that later mk2 Fiorinos with the 1.7 diesel engine (turbo & N/A) used this "top change" box and wondered if someone could take pictures of your engine and gearbox mounts for me?

I am also interested in the front suspension setup in general. Would it all fit in the Yugo? I prefer the Fiorino setup with the reaction rods fixed in place, rather than an ARB that moves around under load. Could I have pictures of this, especially mounting points?

Alternatively, if anyone has these parts off a vehicle, then a picture of that would be useful and a possible sale your way too.

More detail about the project can be found here.

Did you have a look at ePER ?
There are different versions of the Fiorino, so be carefull which one you choose.
There's the Mk1 about 1988-1991, the Mk 1,5 from 1991-1993, and the Mk2 from 1993-2000.
They all have different set up's....

Last edited:
I have got ePer, but it doesn't describe the mounts adequately. I am at least wary of pictures in there. They tend not to describe the relationship of parts very well, like how close is the gearbox to the anti roll bar? Where does the rear gearbox mount attach to? It seems to utilise a little folded box section, but how is this attached to the shell? Looks like bolted in ePer. A picture tells a thousand words. I am interested in the later vehicles, as they seem to have the most robust front suspension design.

Seems like this section has become inactive. I am going to buy a whole front ARB setup and a gearbox mount from a scrap Fiorino. There is no other way to know if it fits since vehicles are not forthcoming locally and no-one can provide pics. I'll post what I find in my thread.

Back