General Fiorino 1.3 Multijet. Is it a good vehicle?

Currently reading:
General Fiorino 1.3 Multijet. Is it a good vehicle?

chrisdc

Hi everyone,
We are thinking of trading in our trusty Renault Kangoos on some new Fiorinos. We prefer our current diesel to the petrol equivalents (we have both) so the 1.3 Multijet would be our first choice. What do you guys think?
I've had a look at one and was impressed with what I saw. Haven't driven one yet as there were none available. It looks and feels well put together. I'm a bit worried about rust though as I've seen some references to rusty roofs and doors on some forums. We operate along the coast. Are the engines and transmissions reliable and robust?
Any info that will help us make an informed decision will be much appreciated.
Thanks, Chris.

Hi chrisdc,

No real problems with either engines or transmissions........on the whole the Fiorinos/Qubo's are well screwed together. Few faults across the board. Most have been well covered on this Forum.

Make sure that the 'Dealer' is good.......too many iffy ones out there.

Cheers Qube O.

Thanks Qube O,

Are my concerns about rust justified? There doesn't seem to be much info on the new (2013) Fiorinos.
Dealers do seem to be a sore point if threads are anything to go by. The one I'm dealing with is not making much effort at all, even though we'll take at least two vans. In SA, backup for French and Italian cars is amongst the worst in the world, which is why these makes don't sell well here. Pity.

No problems that I'm aware of regarding rust.........a couple of folks have had rear sliding door channels corrode, but its not the norm.

Yes Dealers are all important, if your not happy with who your talking to try elsewhere....

Cheers Qube O.

Right, well, for better or worse, we've ordered two of them. Should be getting them early next week.

Any tips for running them in? (1.3 mulijet diesel)

Just drive them as you would any vehicle you own, don't overly rag them, but don't be afraid to use the rev range ocassionally :)

I use a Nav-Mat bean bag (y). It sits anywhere on the dash and can be used in any car. The window sucker sticks on the base, no tell-tale ring on the windscreen and it stashes in the glove box.

I've got one of those also, works better in some cars than others, had it slide across on to the passenger side in the Bravo a few times :devil: :eek:

Back