Styling Finishing Venomous Persuasion and the Ceramic Treatment

Currently reading:
Styling Finishing Venomous Persuasion and the Ceramic Treatment

Derek C

Well finishing is a bit off the truth as I still have to finish the custom dash, rework the carpet, fit a winch, add DAB and CB and find somewhere to put the spare wheel.

Other than that the 4x4 is roadworthy almost running well and in need of a good detail.

It’s been named Venomous Persuasion all to do with some plans for my retirement small business plan which given the current climate may be a bit further away than planned.

There is also a snake.

Its all new paint as of 2 years ago when the body shell returned all nicely finished as I doodled along finding time to put it all back together.
There a thread on the build at https://www.fiatforum.com/panda-classic/453750-just-started-could-do-some-4x4-help.html

Thanks to Andy, Freddy, Mirko, John aka Dragon Man, SJ, Jacob and a few dozen others.

Ceramic seemed the way to go given that its going to get mucky and I still want it to look good. The black cherry metallic only pops if its glossy.

First, I will break a few rules like you won’t see any masking tape. It’s all getting polished. Pad care is secondary as I expect a lot of pick up and the pad is sacrificial.

Right spray of 50/50 good old Waitrose APC all over, under and engine bay.

Leave that to dwell for 10 minutes then light jet wash.

Next a small cocktail of these three in a foam gun.

Loads of foam!

Left to dwell for another 10 minutes.

Doing the Chemical Guys ceramic solution. Lots cheaper that the ‘special’ ebay sprays and less likely to screw up and require a restart.

Another jet wash.

Then into the two bucket wash with the Hydro Suds ceramic wash and hot water.

Well the finish is pretty good but then it is un-roaded paint.

Drying towels used just to remove the surface water. Then get out a light clay bar to remove overspray and any other gunge that’s collected while its been sat on the drive.

Pretty good pick-up all over.

Then another wash.

Looks good wet but I expect some marring from the clay.

The reason we use two buckets this being the rinse/dirty one. Use two micro mits at the moment but apparently wool mits is the way to go?

Dying again.

Nice marring shots.

Light polishing with a soft red pad and Chemical Guys V38 Optical compound. The pad is sacrificial as mentioned at the start. Lots of pad conditioner will be used. Using a rotary at 1000 to 3000 rpm.

Aimed for 5-10 passes only and the reflections looked good. No microfibre wipe down yet!

Polished all the paint, trim and glass.
Then a 50/50 isopropanol water wipe down.

Quick look at the pad and a lot of pick up noted. Not all paint as the glass and trim contributed.

Next a microfibre applicator and the Ceramic Hyperwax Coating.

More to follow…..

Last edited:
Last Bit
Left the coating for 20 minutes to cure and then using woolly mammoth cloths the final shine.

[/url[/COLOR]]

Engine bay cleaned with ceramic wash and a soft brush then had finished with the Ceramic coating and Bare Bones.

Interior needs a bit of work yet.

Finally, my homemade snake!
Yes it will come off for MoTs…

Steampunk spider still needs an interior location.

Bit of credit to the helpful chaps at Ricambio.

Tyre Gel applied. Finals.

Oh and the skid plate material arrived.

that shine!

bit of steam punk i see heh. thats a pretty nice job.
do you have your 2 antennas co-phased? panda is not really wide enough for it but it could be done.

also please for the radios sake earth the outer edge of the antennas mount (that the screen of the Coax goes to) to something metal like the bumper bracket. you may run the risk of blowing the output of the radio. when it comes to transmitters, you can never over earth! :D

that shine!

bit of steam punk i see heh. thats a pretty nice job.
do you have your 2 antennas co-phased? panda is not really wide enough for it but it could be done.

also please for the radios sake earth the outer edge of the antennas mount (that the screen of the Coax goes to) to something metal like the bumper bracket. you may run the risk of blowing the output of the radio. when it comes to transmitters, you can never over earth! :D

Thank you.
Both aerials are earthed to the rear mounts with a couple of copper braid earthing straps.
Plan was to use one for the CB and one for the DAB receiver. It will be as directional as hell but was more about the look.

Just need a drinks cabinet and an punk elephant gun to finish!

Ahh yes. Glad they are earthed. It's going to be very out of tune for 200mhz DAB but should pick something up.

Needs a steam punk tea dispenser haha. I'm more into tesla and diesel punk myself but I do love steam punk

Make sure the gearbox oil level is good ;)

If it fails then antenna on a roof rack!

Trying to find/make a cup holder like a whisky Tantalus

Better than this anyway.

https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/155303887203003651/
Challenge!

Took your note about really filling it up. Pointed it up hill then made a hose fitting. Messy fill but worked. No leaks either since I fitted the O ring back in (duh!).

Have you fitted your bash plate, front protector or whatever we call it with hose clips?
Mine still a perfect sheet of metal looking for inspiration.

Liked the idea of getting it off easily if it all went wrong.

Cheers. (y)

Thanks to the Dragon Man!
thumb.gif
worship.gif

They worked well!

Finished the dash as well.

CB as predicted is very directional!

The DAB is rolling in on a slow boat from China.
thumb.gif

Back