Styling Finally got round to vinyl!

Currently reading:
Styling Finally got round to vinyl!

Neenan

1.4 16v Blue GP Sporting
So after toying with the idea for ages, i decided to go for it and get some vinyl done! Took a few hours and my first attempt, so pretty happy overall!

ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1391967995.998552.jpg

ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1391968015.897845.jpg

ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1391968029.248773.jpg

And of course; it didn't look quite right with a silver top grill.... So off for paint I went!

ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1391968057.901212.jpg

Also; a small treat in store for any audiophiles out there... More to come on this..(ignore the mess, needs a clean.....)

ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1391968126.323857.jpg

It's an Audison DRC, the Digital Remote Controller for their high end signal processors.

It wasn't until I got the top grill back on that I noticed how silly it looked!

So after toying with the idea for ages, i decided to go for it and get some vinyl done! Took a few hours and my first attempt, so pretty happy overall!

View attachment 130509

View attachment 130510

View attachment 130511

And of course; it didn't look quite right with a silver top grill.... So off for paint I went!

View attachment 130512

Also; a small treat in store for any audiophiles out there... More to come on this..(ignore the mess, needs a clean.....)

View attachment 130513

Looking good buddy :) bit weird how both grills are different colours both mine were silver when I got my gp

Yeah I found that weird! Had it 9 months now so had to change it eventually!

I kid you not; high gloss black from 99p stores with a grey primer also from 99p stores! £1.98 well spent!

If you want some, i can pick you up a can or two next time I'm in town?

Nope, Oxford! Have been to Bristol with my GP once or twice though...?

Just used Black Gloss spray from Poundland of all places! Im looking to get a stock black grill however instead of spraying; paint is starting to chip and flake already!

and it's easy enough to just stick on, then cut round?

sorry for my ignorance, I'm new to all this! :D

I removed both grills and cut it to the correct size. Peel off the adhesive, spray a tiny amount of water with fairy liquid in it to allow some movement of the vinyl, then heat it with a Hair dryer to stretch to fit with no bubbles/creases!

Back