General Finally got one!!

Currently reading:
General Finally got one!!

Slinkylinks

Been almost 3 years since my last uno, and I've finally got one!! an '87 turbo, slightly lowered and a nice little body kit and an aftermarket front grill, looks kinda cool :)

Attachments

• uno.jpg
    uno.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 55
Looks good, the polished wheels stand out quite alot.

Id wonder what the underseal is doing quite so high up the doors tho :chin:

But i dont like the grill, ive seen it on Hormann wide body kits, but it always makes standard Unos look like Reanults to me :confused:

ah so you bought the Quad light one of Trademe eh!
what did it go for in the end? i saw it at about $1500 earlier in the week.
shouldve held out, my Mk2 is on there for sale right now... :D

Yeah, got it for $1910 in the end, I thought that was rather good really, I was looking at your one, but couldnt quite justify that much at the moment. I'm happy with this one at any rate.

Its kinda odd, I useto have lowered springs in my old uno 60 that I sold on trademe about 3 years ago, the guy I bought the car from is the same chap that bought my springs to start with! so I just bought my old springs back :) stoked!!

Yaeh, it does have that bi turbo thing going on there! Found out just how leaky the sunroof was this morning!

The Uno turbo world in NZ is pretty small. You'll get to know eveyone sooner or later.(y)

Last edited:
Yeah, got it for $1910 in the end, I thought that was rather good really, I was looking at your one, but couldnt quite justify that much at the moment. I'm happy with this one at any rate.

Its kinda odd, I useto have lowered springs in my old uno 60 that I sold on trademe about 3 years ago, the guy I bought the car from is the same chap that bought my springs to start with! so I just bought my old springs back :) stoked!!

SWEEEET! :)

This is great news! At last I don't have to agonise any longer about selling mine to you...!

That four-headlight Uno belonged to 'hungry1', didn't it. He was always bidding on FIAT parts auctions several years ago. I'm sure it qualifies as an 'enthusiast-owned' car. Look forward to seeing it next time you're in Hamilton! (i.e. send me a PM when you're heading down this way.)

Well done anyway and good to see you back (sorry I'm not here much lately),
-Alex

yep, I can finally stop hassling you to sell me yours Alex! Yeah, Howard bought it to get the breaks to put in a Strada, turned out that it had a broken cam belt, so was easy as to fix.

Its rather nice to drive I must admitt, but very hard suspension, somewhat painful when you hit a bump and smack your head on the roof.

First two problems:

1)The sunroof leaks!! (of course)

2)Pipe from the radiator to the thermostat (the top one) split and started oozing skanky coolant all over my engine. cut the leaking bit off, chocked changed the pipe route a little and connected it all back on, seems ok but I need a new one. Any thoughts on where to get that pipe from, that isnt continental cars?

Alex - Brad/Chris has your old Quart speakers in his car now, I'm going to get them back off him and sort the uno out, so they'll still be floating around :)
I've just put in an Image sub which is rather cool. - I'll let you know when I'm down next.

Matt

yep, I can finally stop hassling you to sell me yours Alex! Yeah, Howard bought it to get the breaks to put in a Strada, turned out that it had a broken cam belt, so was easy as to fix.

Its rather nice to drive I must admitt, but very hard suspension, somewhat painful when you hit a bump and smack your head on the roof.

First two problems:

1)The sunroof leaks!! (of course)

2)Pipe from the radiator to the thermostat (the top one) split and started oozing skanky coolant all over my engine. cut the leaking bit off, chocked changed the pipe route a little and connected it all back on, seems ok but I need a new one. Any thoughts on where to get that pipe from, that isnt continental cars?

Alex - Brad/Chris has your old Quart speakers in his car now, I'm going to get them back off him and sort the uno out, so they'll still be floating around :)
I've just put in an Image sub which is rather cool. - I'll let you know when I'm down next.

Matt

If anyone will have a spare hose or two Steve or Alex will!

Back