Technical Fiat Ulysse 1.9TD - Fuel Pump identification for use with Veg oil

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat Ulysse 1.9TD - Fuel Pump identification for use with Veg oil

JacobsMess

I'm about to purchase a Fiat Ulysse 1.9TD 1999 but I'm not sure if they all run Bosch or some run Lucas (bad for veg) Injector Pumps.
Can anyone clarify if this is the case?
Thanks

Hi :)

These old 'Eurovans' were never popular on the forum.. so that section is pretty quiet :eek:

So.. 1st..
Check what engine you have the old PSA xud unit..
An elderly 1929cc FIAT

OR ... being 1999..a JTD

The JTD Is CommonRail.. NOT good for veg

Do let us know :)

Thanks,
see the attached pictures for reference but I believe its the older 1.9TD with a bosch pump (not common rail)

Attachments

• fiat2.jpg
    fiat2.jpg
    359.7 KB · Views: 42
  • fiat1.jpg
    fiat1.jpg
    313 KB · Views: 44
also seems the JTD was down as a 2.0L so pretty sure it's not one of them.

Incidently the xud was a fantastic design, in my opinion one of the finest pre common rail engines

Yes..
Looking pretty 'french' to me

FIAT Motors sit vertical..
A lot of PSA kit looks laid almost flat

Engine code may well include XUD...

What are your plans for it..?
plans? drive it?
haha
I used to have a synergie but it got flipped over in bad weather, was my first car and it was great. This, I'll be using it to tow a caravan around Norway/Scotland at some point later this year hopefully. But also, lugging the 4 of us and my climbing gear about. It's absolutely pristine and only 120K miles so should be good for a fair bit longer as well as long as it avoids getting rusty. Might get under and give it a good proof before too long.

If cam belt is due to be changed just have it done , it is not worth risking it breaking.

full service history from the Fiat dealer so all good there. Gonna be cheap motoring for a fair while provided I don't flip this on over!

Back