Tuning Fiat Stilo 1.6 engine swap

Currently reading:
Tuning Fiat Stilo 1.6 engine swap

HAZY STILO

Hey guys and gals.
I’m looking for some advise on doing an engine swap on my Fiat Stilo 1.6 3dr 2004 to a 2.4 Abarth engine.

Just wondering is it really worth doing the swap or would it be a better option to just buy an Abarth.

Any advise is welcome and if you have done something similar then even better

Cheaper to just buy a Abarth [emoji6]

I figured it would be.
As it stands I need new frames front and back, front offside suspension, new exhaust (but put a straight through on for now), but I wouldn’t mind upgrading the suspension either way. My initial thought was, if I am going to be upgrading whatever I can get access to on my driveway then see where I’m at in a years time but I am also looking at going down the route of a Focus ST MK2 2005 pre facelift

Cheaper, better, easier to just buy an Abarth.

It can be done, i have two friends that did it... but it's a lot of hard work.
And the you get to the paperwork... that part's even more tedious

Cheaper, better, easier to just buy an Abarth.

It can be done, i have two friends that did it... but it's a lot of hard work.
And the you get to the paperwork... that part's even more tedious

Thanks, I think I’ll just look into getting the Abarth. I really like the stilo but just need something with a bit more go lol

So to anyone that had seen this post, there won’t be a follow as so complete and utter **** decided to cut me up on a roundabout and the car has been written off [emoji24]

The smart money would be on buying a JTD M-Jet. They're 1.9 turbo diesel with 150bhp. They map up to near the 200bhp mark, will have more torque, BHP and MPG than an Abarth.

Would be better buying an Abarth than doing a swap too. Insurance companies just don't get swaps, so your premium would go through the roof (way more than would cost just to insure an Abarth).

The amount of stuff you'd have to change would be insane too. Pretty much everything forward of the bulkhead save for the headlights and body panels is different.

Sorry to hear about your car being totalled. Good excuse to claim a bit of whiplash and get yourself an Abarth. Best of luck!

The smart money would be on buying a JTD M-Jet. They're 1.9 turbo diesel with 150bhp. They map up to near the 200bhp mark, will have more torque, BHP and MPG than an Abarth.

Would be better buying an Abarth than doing a swap too. Insurance companies just don't get swaps, so your premium would go through the roof (way more than would cost just to insure an Abarth).

The amount of stuff you'd have to change would be insane too. Pretty much everything forward of the bulkhead save for the headlights and body panels is different.

Sorry to hear about your car being totalled. Good excuse to claim a bit of whiplash and get yourself an Abarth. Best of luck!

Haha thank you. Just found another 1.6 3dr stilo, power blue with panoramic sunroof. Pick it up on Monday.
My insurance is sky high on the 1.6 (£2,400) for reasons I can not get my head round so upgrading to a JTD M-JET or an abarth is out of the question for another 2 years at least I reckon :-(
For now I’m going to keep this one standard (apart from a straight through exhaust and upgrade suspension) until the insurance drops

Haha thank you. Just found another 1.6 3dr stilo, power blue with panoramic sunroof. Pick it up on Monday.
My insurance is sky high on the 1.6 (£2,400) for reasons I can not get my head round so upgrading to a JTD M-JET or an abarth is out of the question for another 2 years at least I reckon :-(
For now I’m going to keep this one standard (apart from a straight through exhaust and upgrade suspension) until the insurance drops

*powder blue

So all went belly up and the car failed on me, all the electrics went. Went and bought another one and the starter motor failed and lights gone on the dash. Give up trying to get another stilo and bought a fiesta st mk6 instead. I will get another stilo but it’ll be in a few years and it’ll be bought to use as a track day car [emoji16]

Back