fiat staff

Currently reading:
fiat staff

sammiboo said:
ooo also i would like to know how it was posible for my local fiat dealer to replace the brake pads and free up a ceased caliper without taking the wheels off like they insisted they didnt - wonders of technology today ...

Was the mechanic's last name skywalker ;)

fiattech said:
We only have a few Coupe's come in where I work, largely due to the labour rate i think, but the ones we do get seem happy with the service they get.

ypu must be one in amillion ime fiat havent a clue on this car, there is a full coupe forum to prove this, after fiat scratched my interior after fixing a door handle and tried to tell me they never took the wheels off to carry out break work makes me wonder why i chose fiat over an independant :confused:

unfortunatley i will not have fiat do any more work on my car - i cant risk any more damage :(

Whoah too many questions :D

Its a bit hit and miss with boot lights on a new Punto.

Some of them do and some of them don't honestly don't know the reason.

Comprehensive answers there Maz :rolleyes:

I've rang Gainmanor a couple of times to get prices for servicing etc, and I've always got; 'that department is busy, you'll have to ring back later'.

Not really the way to attract customers now is it?

Maz said:
Whoah too many questions :D

Its a bit hit and miss with boot lights on a new Punto.

Some of them do and some of them don't honestly don't know the reason.

And there was me thinking they where reflectors... :rolleyes:

James M said:
Comprehensive answers there Maz :rolleyes:

I've rang Gainmanor a couple of times to get prices for servicing etc, and I've always got; 'that department is busy, you'll have to ring back later'.

Not really the way to attract customers now is it?

What can I say when someones busy with a customer they can't talk to someone else on the phone can they?

I mean a barber doesn't cut 2 peoples hair at the same time does he?

Our service advisors are only human, they can only do one thing at a time.

Maz said:
What can I say when someones busy with a customer they can't talk to someone else on the phone can they?

I mean a barber doesn't cut 2 peoples hair at the same time does he?

Our service advisors are only human, they can only do one thing at a time.

Phone a BMW dealer and see what response you get. They will take your details, car reg, phone numbers etc and in my experience you will be sure to get a call back very quick. This has nothing to do with it being a BMW car or the amount it costs, it is the attitude and service levels they insist upon.

It would be so easy for Fiat to turn this around and improve their image. Our local Fiat dealer is AHF and it is own and run by a very good business man. He gets involved with all aspects of the business and as a result his staff are all aware of the service levels he expects to offer customers. Fiat could so easily turn around their reputation without spending any real money. Everybody knows you get problems with cars, but it is how it is dealt with which counts. If you have a breakdown and everything is taken care of efficiently and quickly by a garage, then you can actually turn it into a positive experience for the customer.

If I ran Fiat UK, I would have a team of people making mystery enquiries with all the dealers to see what the service levels were like. This could be a car sales enquiry through to booking a service. If they failed a certain number of performance targets in a quarter, then they would loose the performance bonus they receive for meeting sales targets.

It would soon improve. !!!!!

2 months of waiting and still no part.... they were suposed to phone me today to tell me what was going on.. but guess what!! :(

fcuk it im gonna buy a toyota or summin :( :p

my dealer kissed my ass when i brought the car off them, i hope they be kissing it again when i go back on thursday :D

to be fair to them they are a good dealership, parts department could do with improvement though :eek:

T14086 said:
Fiat do carry out extensive 'mystery shop' via telephone & in person.

What do they do about it though and what level of service do they consider the standard.

It's great to do, but if you don't use the results then it doesn't help.

I always found that when I took the Doblo in with a fault, the garage was always clueless about what to do & always replied they would have to get in touch with Italy.
Trouble is I'm in Macclesfield.

dave said:
so why has arnold clark still got his then?

Money talks ;) Theres a love/hate relationship between 'Arnie' and all franchises/makes,they both flex there 'financial muscles' at each another every now and again but at the end of the day Arnold Clark sells bucket loads of cars & do in general 'tow the line' as far as Fiat/Ford/Vauxhall/Peugeot etc are concerned.

Back