fiat staff

Currently reading:
fiat staff

I know a lad from Gainmanor Fiat drops in occassionally, to be fair my (limited)experience of that dealership so far has been favourable, maybe cos their staff have some interest in the cars they sell:)

53 3d Stilo Dynamic JTD - Sprint Blue

well my fiat dealers need to go back to school they cant even order the right part for me we waited a week for our clutch 16v elx and guess what it was for a bravo, but the very next day they got us the right one so why did we have to wait a week in the first place?????

Do you know what Steve, that's the best thing you've posted all day, can we get it sorted?

FIAT Stilo Sport. Pretty Much Bog Standard Really. Rear Roof Spoiler,
Sill Protectors, Aluminium Foot Pedals, Eibach 30mm Drop Springs.

fear not, a member of the wonderful fiat staff is here! i do find it interesting to read everyones comments on the whole experience and treatment they receive from dealers, its a shame some of the big brass dont come onto forums like this to see how they can improve things......

anyway, if anyones got any questions about anything to do with fiat dealers (and please, try not to be too offensive ;)) ask away....i'll try and answer anything you need to know. bear in mind i'm a parts man so thats what i know most about, but i'll try and answer other questions too

Experienced parts man from Stoneacre Fiat in Peterborough, if anyone wants and prices/advice etc, email me!

Hi Iain,

Welcome to the madhouse!

It's great to see another member from a FIAT dealership on the forum (especially one from my local dealer)

I'm sure everyone will 'be nice' as the majority of 'offensive' comments directed at FIAT and their dealers are the result of frustration with the service provided (or not as the case may be!). I'm guilty of this myself having said some not so nice things about Stoneacre due to bad experiences early on however since Ian and Simon have been running the service desk everything has been spot on.

1.6 Active 5 door in Crystal Green.

http://www.clubstilo.com

Hello Iain and welcome to the forums!

At last! A member of FIAT staff has let himself be known, have you got a death wish mate? No really, for anyone who doesn't know Iain, I can honestly say he's one of the most friendly, helpful partsman I've encountered and he always tries to get the best prices for you too!

My only gripe is that he is a VW Beetle man, so guys, it's down to you lot to get this man converted...................

Cheers
TC. :p

air cooled is the way of the future! just think, no radiators, hoses, temp sensors, fans etc to go wrong!

anyway, i hope i'll be able to help anyone with any questions that they may have, be warned though i might not be able to get on here that often, but i'll look in from time to time when im not too busy.

on the subjest of critiscism and complaints, well, i welcome them. it helps to highlight problem areas and helps to reach a solution. obviously it would be better if noone had to complain, but of course this is the real world so people obviously will....

and Sav, thanks for your thoughts, i aim to please ;) your bits should be here tomorrow morning mate, we'll give you a shout when they arrive.

Experienced parts man from Stoneacre Fiat in Peterborough, if anyone wants and prices/advice etc, email me!

In my experience with Fiat dealers, the parts guys have always been top blokes who know their stuff, Desira have always been good. Its those smarmy blokes in the suits who arent so cool!! However, most dealers and just about every retail place in England is poo!

1987 126 FSM, 12" minilight style wheels, clear rear lights, smoked indicators.
2004 Panda Eleganza.... nice!

car sales allways good this = money, car parts reasonable,service not so good,tech advice none its bring it in so we can screw you they need to be a little more understanding and free advice gives a good name and cost the company nothing mind you that only reg vardy- Wentane are very helpfull

1.6 elx 16v my baby

i agree with that competely carman, most dealers wont give advice as unfortunately, we see it as a "lost sale" which is not the right way to go about it......

Hello 63909,

I was forwarded by Stuart Ash to this part of the forum and ask you for advice on the following:
https://www.fiatforum.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=12139
Any info would be greatly appreciated. All Fiat dealers near me (Belgium) claim that the part in question can't be bought seperately. I find this hard to believe. Ah well, just check the thread to see what I'm talking about :)

Greets

TomB - DrumScum
Driving a 1996 Fiat Ulysse

TomB, from what i can make out they are right i'm afraid, from what i can make out anyway. looks like the holes for the suspension mount screws are in the top of the casing, and the gearbox comes in only one piece. you can separate they two halves of the 'box, so maybe a scrapyard can help you out?

Originally posted by 63909
TomB, from what i can make out they are right i'm afraid, from what i can make out anyway. looks like the holes for the suspension mount screws are in the top of the casing, and the gearbox comes in only one piece. you can separate they two halves of the 'box, so maybe a scrapyard can help you out?

Thanks for your response man. So it looks like I'm into the market for a new gearbox then [V] since no scrapyard I called so far seems to have one lying around. Kindy silly design though to hang the entire engine from such an expensive part, since basically I will be replacing a perfectly good gearbox [}:)]

TomB - DrumScum
Driving a 1996 Fiat Ulysse

Back