General Fiat part prices

Currently reading:
General Fiat part prices

How has the drivers seat belt become broken anyway?

I am wondering this my self and have found a private seller scraping a car and a 5 dr as well did pass on the link to Cambelt ..but sorry to say Craig [cambelt] found out when he rang the person that the belt on that side had been sold :bang: whats the chance of that one happening eh..:bang:

Hows about this one ..maybe they could take your Belt Craig and rebuild or replace the part that duff..

http://www.securon.co.uk/?gclid=CMniiv3IyZsCFdYB4wodnzrcLA

Same link as six pot I know but certainly one worth looking at and maybe keeping the cost down at the same time..fingers crossed for you..:)

Helz.

That must be years ago. I remember you took my side when I was complaining about some language issues on the forum. Must have been back in 2003 or 2004. I'm still working on it. :D

I would like to apologise for my manner and thinly disguised bad language the other day. I was annoyed, distressed and frustrated by the situation and having already spent a fair while trying to track down a 2nd hand belt my mood was rather fractious. Thus I wasn't terribly receptive to the case against the customer!

However, I realise now that the seat belt isn't just a seat belt but a series of springs, coils and tensioners together with a small incendiary device that explodes on impact, killing the driver in the case of a minor shunt or a major smash and therefore averting either an insurance claim or a slow lingering death.

Anyway, I would like to thank all the nice people who gave me links...even though i'd already tried them!! But especially to the dogged determined and truely magnificent PNL :worship: who scoured the entire planet on my behalf and managed to track down a PAIR....yes...both the driver and passenger belts. I have now acquired these for the princely sum of £25.99 inc. carriage and guaranteed delivery by Tuesday. :)

To say that I am over the proverbial moon would be the undestatement of my life. £280 may not be much to some, but to me it represents a week's toil in my wretchedly underpaid job. I don't know about Fiat staff being able to find other work easily if they can't stand the heat of the parts department, but round here times are hard and jobs are short....employers can get away wioth paying as little as they want...Like Fiat in reverse really!!. And it may be good business for them, but it a'int much fun to be paid about 60% of the going rate for the same job five years ago.

Anyway, I digress...... today I am happy, in love with life and humanity in general. Together we have conquered Everest, tomorrow...The World!! :slayer:

The noose will be going back in the wardrobe until the next crisis in my dire existence :)

Hugs, kisses, peace and goodwill to all men, women and children. It's a wonderful life!! (y)

X

I would like to apologise for my manner and thinly disguised bad language the other day. I was annoyed, distressed and frustrated by the situation and having already spent a fair while trying to track down a 2nd hand belt my mood was rather fractious. Thus I wasn't terribly receptive to the case against the customer!

However, I realise now that the seat belt isn't just a seat belt but a series of springs, coils and tensioners together with a small incendiary device that explodes on impact, killing the driver in the case of a minor shunt or a major smash and therefore averting either an insurance claim or a slow lingering death.

Anyway, I would like to thank all the nice people who gave me links...even though i'd already tried them!! But especially to the dogged determined and truely magnificent PNL :worship: who scoured the entire planet on my behalf and managed to track down a PAIR....yes...both the driver and passenger belts. I have now acquired these for the princely sum of £25.99 inc. carriage and guaranteed delivery by Tuesday. :)

To say that I am over the proverbial moon would be the undestatement of my life. £280 may not be much to some, but to me it represents a week's toil in my wretchedly underpaid job. I don't know about Fiat staff being able to find other work easily if they can't stand the heat of the parts department, but round here times are hard and jobs are short....employers can get away wioth paying as little as they want...Like Fiat in reverse really!!. And it may be good business for them, but it a'int much fun to be paid about 60% of the going rate for the same job five years ago.

Anyway, I digress...... today I am happy, in love with life and humanity in general. Together we have conquered Everest, tomorrow...The World!! :slayer:

The noose will be going back in the wardrobe until the next crisis in my dire existence :)

Hugs, kisses, peace and goodwill to all men, women and children. It's a wonderful life!! (y)

X

you are a funny guy, good to hear you find some 2nd at the end, may I ask where you from? is life really that hard? Have to say I be as mad as you if I have to pay 300pounds for a seat belt!!! ;)

Going back to the title of the post, “Fiat Part Prices”, it would be interesting to see some parts prices comparisons with other car makes. Fiat cars are generally priced towards the bottom end of the sector – the reason I bought my Stilo was that it was much cheaper than an Astra / Focus / Golf etc. But are the equivalent parts more expensive for Fiat than the equivalent Ford / Vauxhall etc? How does the price of a 1.9JTD engine compare with same engine from a Vauxhall garage?

About 6 months ago the driver’s wiper failed on my Stilo. I’m not technically minded but apparently it only needed a small plastic part which is not available separately therefore the only option was a complete wiper mechanism including a motor at over £100.

I had the work done at a local independant Fiat / Alfa garage – when I queried the cost, the guy who owns it (he used to be the senior technical at a Fiat dealership) said that this is how Fiat make their money – sell the cars cheap and then make their money from inflated parts prices.

If this is true, then the moral would appear to be to buy a year old car on which the original buyer has taken the brunt of the depreciation hit and change it at 3 years old before the warranty runs out! (Assuming of course you can afford to…..)

Well having thought about this, I also think 300 quid is a wee bit excessive but i guess unless you can pick up a second hand part they the car manufacturers do have you over a barrel.
But it is very surprising what bits and pieces you can pick up on ebay and i think i would try to pick up as much as i could if i needed too, But as seen as i haven't really done much to my MW i guess I'm lucky.

Parts to date,

Number plate light unit £37.14 Fiat
over boost valve £123.28 Fiat
2 drop links £22.84 ebay

And thats it, apart from disc's and pads, tyres and oil and filters.

Last edited:
Yes it was fitted and includes examiner and all that.

But now i know about the forum it will get cleaned next time, if i havent changed it for a new one the car that is.

Going back to the title of the post, “Fiat Part Prices”, it would be interesting to see some parts prices comparisons with other car makes. Fiat cars are generally priced towards the bottom end of the sector – the reason I bought my Stilo was that it was much cheaper than an Astra / Focus / Golf etc. But are the equivalent parts more expensive for Fiat than the equivalent Ford / Vauxhall etc? How does the price of a 1.9JTD engine compare with same engine from a Vauxhall garage?

About 6 months ago the driver’s wiper failed on my Stilo. I’m not technically minded but apparently it only needed a small plastic part which is not available separately therefore the only option was a complete wiper mechanism including a motor at over £100.

Try VW.... £459+vat for the same kit, wiper motor and operating bars (NOT the wiper arms / blades) :eek:

And that doesn't include any fitting! Was for an 02 plate 1.4 Ibiza...

Back