Technical Fiat Panda engine turning

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat Panda engine turning

Dam

That quite low

These cars crank quite fast at around 6V under load but it no enough to keep the body computer alive

You can't trust the rev counter for the signal

Here's mine, flat battery, cranking fine,

No rev counter until the alternator kicks in

1 more volt lower and the car would not start

If you scanner does data logging

Log the

Volts
And
RPM

If the volts fall below 6V its getting towards the area where the ECU can not maintain the 5V reference needed for the sensors

Here mine falling to just under 9V which is fine

If the volts are fine but the RPM stays at 0 then we are looking at the connection between the ECU and Crank sensor or the already changed sensor

Screenshot_20230902-142454.jpg

If you scanner does data logging

Log the

Volts
And
RPM

If the volts fall below 6V its getting towards the area where the ECU can not maintain the 5V reference needed for the sensors

Here mine falling to just under 9V which is fine

If the volts are fine but the RPM stays at 0 then we are looking at the connection between the ECU and Crank sensor or the already changed sensor

View attachment 431136
I have checked again this morning.

RPM stays at 0

i have check the voltage on the crank and cam sensor. the crank shows about 2v

earth shows 0.2v (on engine block and earth point)

After I have reset the errors. now it does not show errors but the engine still just turn

The dash shows only these lights
WhatsApp Image 2023-10-13 at 10.39.37_15ef3bb5.jpg

I have checked again this morning.

RPM stays at 0
That great no signal, no spark, injectors never going to start
i have check the voltage on the crank and cam sensor. the crank shows about 2v
Is that with the sensor disconnect, multimeter on A/C volts and the car cranking, or just at ignition on.
earth shows 0.2v (on engine block and earth point)
That exactly as it should be
After I have reset the errors. now it does not show errors but the engine still just turn

The dash shows only these lights
View attachment 431160
Is the ABS a new fault

Is that with the sensor disconnect, multimeter on A/C volts and the car cranking, or just at ignition on.
sensor disconnected with ignition on and cranking. I have tested the cable only. still have to test the new sensor
Is the ABS a new fault
this ABS light is showing since motor stopped working. Might this be the problem? This light stays on when ignition is on and cranking. does not go off

sensor disconnected with ignition on and cranking. I have tested the cable only. still have to test the new sensor
Also make sure you were supplied the correct sensor, check the length of the sensor against the original,

this ABS light is showing since motor stopped working. Might this be the problem? This light stays on when ignition is on and cranking. does not go off

Happened at the same time, have to think about this, the ABS is self contained, it checks itself at start up and if everything is okay it switches the dash light off via a command sent via the canbus to the body computer (BSI)

The ECU and engine sensors are also self contained it only sends information to the BSI to control the dash

They both use the BSI and dash. But the main connection between the ECU and ABS is the power and grounds?

Also make sure you were supplied the correct sensor, check the length of the sensor against the original,

Happened at the same time, have to think about this, the ABS is self contained, it checks itself at start up and if everything is okay it switches the dash light off via a command sent via the canbus to the body computer (BSI)

The ECU and engine sensors are also self contained it only sends information to the BSI to control the dash

They both use the BSI and dash. But the main connection between the ECU and ABS is the power and grounds?
the sensor is the same size and make. I made sure of that before I paid.

I got hold of ab auto electrician. he will come and have a look

Great

Finger crossed its not too serious
We found the problem.

Petrol pump, not giving enough pressure. when I put my finger on the pipe it does not give enough pressure to spray. We hardly feel pressure

We found the problem.

Petrol pump, not giving enough pressure. when I put my finger on the pipe it does not give enough pressure to spray. We hardly feel pressure
Not the no RPM signal fault
Not the ABS fault

There's little pressure in the line while the car not cranking, have you tried it while cranking?

What voltage at the pump

Not the no RPM signal fault
Not the ABS fault

There's little pressure in the line while the car not cranking, have you tried it while cranking?

What voltage at the pump
we tested the pressure with engine cranking. Everytime we start, we could hear it wants to start and then just cranking. All for a sudden the ABS light goes off while cranking, and the error codes is blank.

will test tomorrow morning for the volt before I order a new pump

, we could hear it wants to start
You have to have a crank single to the ECU for this to happen

Without a signal the it will neither spark or inject

It's trying but then just cranks, have you tried jump leads

ABS error
Immobiliser error
Crank sensor error
Fuel pump no pressure

Seeing as it failed going up hill, you have got fuel in the tank, don't just go of the gauge

Back