Technical FIAT Panda clutch switch Euro6

Currently reading:
Technical FIAT Panda clutch switch Euro6

Hi Trevor. As you say, the switch doesn't have any direct bearing on the bite point but my experience of driving with it both fitted and disconnected is that there has been a definite alteration in both the bite point and the amount of grab it provides. Might be just a one off on my vehicle as I note the pedal rubber is well worn on the left hand edge indicating that the previous owner liked to drive with a foot resting on there. I may just be undoing some of the polish this may have put on the plates.

Hi guys, sorry to bring up an old thread but can I ask if anyone knows if this trick also works on the Ford KA. I've recently got a 2014 eu6 KA 1.2 that has this very same pulling off problem. If I let the clutch out before touching the throttle it will take off ok but if I need a quicker getaway or on an incline, if I use some throttle as I lift the clutch it will suddenly rev up high, so you reduce the revs a bit and then it bogs down and kangeroos away. It's bloody annoying.

Am I the only one who likes the clutch switch!? It’s fine 95 percent of the time even on most of the hills around where I live on the Pennines. Really steep hills require just a quick blip of the throttle to get the car moving then I let off and let the car do the rest. In traffic it’s a boon, only lift the clutch up then once the car starts crawling use the throttle, it’s seamless. I really like it

I too don't have an issue. I've never really noticed it working and getting in my way.

Back