General Fiat Panda 4 x 4 Amphibian

Currently reading:
General Fiat Panda 4 x 4 Amphibian

AeroNautiCal

After I sold my Bond Bug, I was interested in building a Fiat Panda 4 x 4 Amphibian, based on the kit produced and sold by Mike Ryan.

However, after getting the information pack (which I still have) and considering the conversion, I found that I didn't have that much confidence in the project.

Does anyone here have one of these amphibians, or did you too consider building one?

panda.jpg

Initial disappointment that the car in the promotional photo is awash with river water, the driver is wet on his right side and water splashes are on the headrest, none of which suggested a particularly sound design.

Nothing contained in the information pack changed my opinion. I did not want to buy and extensively cut up a Panda to carry out the conversion, only then to discover that I had a poorly conceived kit.

I'd never seen any, other than this one conversion, and there was no available information I could find (pre-internet) to get independent feedback on the viability of the kit design, so I decided against it.

Here's another pic' (Last road tax for this car was due on 01 04 1993).

ryanpanda-01.jpeg

Back