Fiat Panda 2020 4x4 yet another flashing mileage display

Currently reading:
Fiat Panda 2020 4x4 yet another flashing mileage display

neilm

Sorry folks but at my wits end here. I have had the original FM/MW radio replaced with a new pioneer device by a professional auto electrican. This all works perfectly, FM sound is excellent, I've had a new DAB arial fitted so the recption is excellent and it has a USB port so that I can play my own music lists. The radio has other features such as spotify and bluetooth that I have no intetion of using.
The dashboard display all works with the exception of the mileage display that is constantly flashing. This I beleive is caused by the car not benig able to locate the oginal B&M module associated to the original radio.
So I'm trying to locate the B&M module, have looked in various places, behind the glove, under the front two seats, in the boot etc to no avail.
Can anyone provide a definitive answer as to where the module is located, if you have any photo's diagrams showing the location that would exceedy useful.
Many thanks

Hi,
Have you tried resetting the system.. ?
so it can 'learn' the new configuration :)
Hi, can I please ask what you mean by "resetting the sytem".
I've seen a number of threads that suggests disconnecting the battery and leaving for half an hour before reconnecting "resests the system", which does alway appear sucessful. Is this what you mean?
Thanks

Hi, can I please ask what you mean by "resetting the sytem".
I've seen a number of threads that suggests disconnecting the battery and leaving for half an hour before reconnecting "resests the system", which does alway appear sucessful. Is this what you mean?
Thanks

Hi

Thats a cheap and easy 1st step

Next is plugging in and getting all the onboard kit 'talking to each other' again

Currently its busy 'looking' for the radio unit that you removed

Hope that makes sense :)

Hi

Thats a cheap and easy 1st step

Next is plugging in and getting all the onboard kit 'talking to each other' again

Currently its busy 'looking' for the radio unit that you removed

Hope that makes sense :)
I'm sure it does to the electrian.
I know that he had a similar isssue with a Fiat 500 so he had to purhcase some new diagnostic software/hardware that helped rectified the flashing mileage, I'me guesssing that this included having access to the B&M unit itself which he can't locate on the Panda.
Thanks

Using suitable software and interface lead carry out a proxi alignment

If your car had u connect rather than blue and me - u connect is built into the head unit.
Earlier pandas with blue and me ... unit under drivers seat hidden under covers

If your car had u connect rather than blue and me - u connect is built into the head unit.
Earlier pandas with blue and me ... unit under drivers seat hidden under covers
Excellent, itis in fact a u connect rather than blue and me so I'll have go at dismatling the head unit and see what's inside.
Cheers

Excellent, itis in fact a u connect rather than blue and me so I'll have go at dismatling the head unit and see what's inside.
Cheers

You don't need to do that to solve flashing mileage......just a proxi alignment

You don't need to do that to solve flashing mileage......just a proxi alignment
Thanks, I'll mention that to the electrian. I know he had to purchase some new diagnistics software, so hopefuly that's a function within the version that he got.
thansk
Neil

Thanks, I'll mention that to the electrian. I know he had to purchase some new diagnistics software, so hopefuly that's a function within the version that he got.
thansk
Neil
Proxy alignment has already been carried out. It worked perfectly well on the 500 but for some reason it doesn't cure the Panda.

Proxy alignment has already been carried out. It worked perfectly well on the 500 but for some reason it doesn't cure the Panda.
Just to round this thread off the problem has now been cured. When the new head unit was fitted a new steering wheel control interace was fitted, he used a brand that he has used on many makes of cars and is his "go to" interface. For some reason this wasn't entirely compatible and after running more diagnostics he found an alternative interace which is now fitted and everything works perfectly and the mileage no longer flashes.

Thanks for coming back and letting us know 😀 I'm confident the information will help out someone else in the future.
Best wishes
Jack

Back