Fiat Panda 2007 Filler cap help!

Currently reading:
Fiat Panda 2007 Filler cap help!

Hi
Just joined this forum. I have a Panda 2007, I need to find a petrol filler cap that is genuine, i.e. one that fits properly! I have a strong smell of fuel coming from the filler area, garage have checked the car over and can not find a fuel leak - then we noticed that the filler cap is really loose and wobbly, no obvious rubber seal either.
Can anyone direct me to a website where I can get a genuine Fiat filler cap that will fit well?
Many thanks!

oh yes, it is a locking cap. Just wobbles around, does not seem secure and I am sure the petrol smell is coming from there. Everytime I put petrol in for the next couple of days I can smell petrol ... none spilled at all, no leaks ... so I think is the locking cap .....???! Thanks!

oh yes, it is a locking cap. Just wobbles around, does not seem secure and I am sure the petrol smell is coming from there. Everytime I put petrol in for the next couple of days I can smell petrol ... none spilled at all, no leaks ... so I think is the locking cap .....???! Thanks!

Does it actually lock and unlock..?

Have you tried it in the 'unlocked' mode where it should fit snugly..

Hi
Just joined this forum. I have a Panda 2007, I need to find a petrol filler cap that is genuine, i.e. one that fits properly! I have a strong smell of fuel coming from the filler area, garage have checked the car over and can not find a fuel leak - then we noticed that the filler cap is really loose and wobbly, no obvious rubber seal either.
Can anyone direct me to a website where I can get a genuine Fiat filler cap that will fit well?
Many thanks!

Hi, could you upload a picture of it, not sounding like it's the correct one

Hi - thanks for your help. I have tried it in unlock mode, still wobbly, just does not seem to fit, when turn key to lock it is still wobbly, it locks but still really loose. Not sure how to post image as it just says enter the URL of the image ...
Do you know where I can get a new one that fits, perhaps Amazon so I can get it asap....?
Thanks again.

Ok, here are the photos, figured it out...!

Attachments

• petrol cap 1.jpg
    petrol cap 1.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 21
  • pertol cap 2.jpg
    pertol cap 2.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 23
  • petrol cap 3.jpg
    petrol cap 3.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 29
Back