Technical FIAT PANDA 2005 CENTRAL LOCKING

Currently reading:
Technical FIAT PANDA 2005 CENTRAL LOCKING

Sraros

Hello everybody,

I have a Panda 2005 model on which it had a preinstalled ELSER car alarm E-688 but without the central locking hooked up.
So I received from the company the instructions manual (which I translated to English and attached) and checked some wirings. They told me also to not connect the black/white cable from the main connector because this is for positive lockings.

From the main connector, thin red, blue, purple, black/white were not connected.
From the CDL connector green and orange not connected, black and black/white cut, yellow to ground.

So, I connected green wire to 12 pin on H connector, orange wire to 13 pin in H connector and blue wire on H connector 23. Black and black/white not connected. Yellow as it was to the ground.
After doing so, the central locking still works fine with the ignition key and the door knob, but with the remote of the car alarm:
When I press the lock button, all the doors except the driver's lock.
When I press the unlock button, it does nothing.

Any suggestions where's the fault?

Attachments

• E688-3G-gr(2).jpg
    E688-3G-gr(2).jpg
    604.2 KB · Views: 198
My understanding is that Pandas which did not have factory fitted remote central locking when built do not have a locking solenoid in the driver's door. If this is the case with your car, then it will only be possible to lock and unlock the drivers door using the key.

When I press the lock button, all the doors except the driver's lock.
That's exactly what I'd expect to happen on models without factory fitted remote locking.

My understanding is that Pandas which did not have factory fitted remote central locking when built do not have a locking solenoid in the driver's door. If this is the case with your car, then it will only be possible to lock and unlock the drivers door using the key.

That's exactly what I'd expect to happen on models without factory fitted remote locking.
Sorry but this doesn’t make sense though to me.
The ignition key locks/unlocks all doors. It sends a pulse to the main unit and the rest of the doors lock/unlock too. I don’t understand what you mean by solenoid but the locks are working with an electromagnet.

Even so, let’s assume you are right. If the rest of the doors lock when I press the lock button on the key fob, then shouldn’t they also unlock when I press the unlock button on the key fob?

Sorry but this doesn’t make sense though to me.
The ignition key locks/unlocks all doors. It sends a pulse to the main unit and the rest of the doors lock/unlock too. I don’t understand what you mean by solenoid but the locks are working with an electromagnet.

Even so, let’s assume you are right. If the rest of the doors lock when I press the lock button on the key fob, then shouldn’t they also unlock when I press the unlock button on
Forget the alarm remote for now. Do you have an original remote key fob for your car or do you alway use a key in the door lock

What model do you have

but the locks are working with an electromagnet.
Unless your car had remote locking fitted in the factory as standard, there is no electromagnet in the drivers door.

The ignition key locks/unlocks the drivers door mechanically, and in doing so, sends a signal to the electromagnets in the remaining doors.

Thank you for the replies. I bought it second hand and I received two ignition keys. I don’t know if he had also original remote and I can’t reach him now since it has been a while already.. I thought since all the locks lock/unlock with the ignition key and based on the diagram attached that all the locks work the same way.
So if there’s not an electromagnet working with the signals I guess to install an actuator at the driver’s door is the only way to go right?

Attachments

• 353249A9-564C-40C6-9BA5-B545B74CD157.jpeg
    353249A9-564C-40C6-9BA5-B545B74CD157.jpeg
    347.4 KB · Views: 56
Correct some base models were missing the electrical part and part of the wiring harness

Which can be retro fitted and work with a third party alarm

Does the rear hatch open without using the key

I have posted the part numbers somewhere. Maybe I am mistaken

I thought it was in this thread

Anyhow maybe the original poster that had success would respond to a personal message assuming this is your problem

No, the trunk opens only with the ignition key.
In general, probably I was mislead by a youtube video where one guy changes the trunk lock with an electromagnetic one and then everything together doors and trunk to the alarm. It doesn't mention if he had an OEM remote though already.

Anyway, I ordered the actuator which comes next week and then try to hook it on the alarm and the door knob.

I removed the panel of the driver’s door and as I was about to install the actuator, I realised that the handle acts both as a lock and a pull latch to open the door…
So, if I install it on the steel wire the door won’t open anymore as the distance of the shaft of the actuator is only enough to lock and unlock the door…
I guess it was designed for locks that have a separate level. I am thinking now how to attach a spring maybe so it can extend a bit further

I removed the panel of the driver’s door and as I was about to install the actuator, I realised that the handle acts both as a lock and a pull latch to open the door…
So, if I install it on the steel wire the door won’t open anymore as the distance of the shaft of the actuator is only enough to lock and unlock the door…
I guess it was designed for locks that have a separate level. I am thinking now how to attach a spring maybe so it can extend a bit further
In case someone might be interested, afterall I managed to install it and here's how.
One thing is the limited space. There is no room anywhere to fit the actuator between the door panel and the metal frame.
So I had to install on the back side of the metal frame, between it and the window glass where it was just enough space to fit.
I attached a spring before the metal shaft that pulls and pushes the lock. Pretension of the spring might be necessary depending on the elasticity of the spring.
It might all come down to be easier to just find and replace with an electromagnetic lock the actual lock, but for sure the actuator solution is cheaper since it only cost 7€ but more time.

Last edited:
In case someone might be interested, afterall I managed to install it and here's how.
One thing is the limited space. There is no room anywhere to fit the actuator between the door panel and the metal frame.
So I had to install on the back side of the metal frame, between it and the window glass where it was just enough space to fit.
I attached a spring before the metal shaft that pulls and pushes the lock. Pretension of the spring might be necessary depending on the elasticity of the spring.
It might all come down to be easier to just find and replace with an electromagnetic lock the actual lock, but for sure the actuator solution is cheaper since it only cost 7€ but more time.
Hello Sraros, I',m glad I found this post because I have a Fiat Panda 2011 1.242 model without the original central locking function like yours. I had the same problem like you described, when I installed an aftermarket central locking system. All doors lock except for the driver's. Should I just go get the solenoid-electromagnet from another panda with the original central locking or can you point me on how you installed your solenoid with pictures where you bought it etc.Also I'm using the negative locking like you described but I can't figure a way to bypass the "door open" function so as to send the "window up " command as well.It works, it is tested, but as soon as you open any door the window up function won't work. I'm Greek btw and any advice is welcome so as to have the wife's car equipped with central locking! :)

Hello Sraros, I',m glad I found this post because I have a Fiat Panda 2011 1.242 model without the original central locking function like yours. I had the same problem like you described, when I installed an aftermarket central locking system. All doors lock except for the driver's. Should I just go get the solenoid-electromagnet from another panda with the original central locking or can you point me on how you installed your solenoid with pictures where you bought it etc.Also I'm using the negative locking like you described but I can't figure a way to bypass the "door open" function so as to send the "window up " command as well.It works, it is tested, but as soon as you open any door the window up function won't work. I'm Greek btw and any advice is welcome so as to have the wife's car equipped with central locking! :)
Hello, within the days I will replace the speakers as the existing ones are damaged so I will pull off the door panels again and post some pictures here. I am sending you a pm for more details to discuss over the phone :)

Back