Technical Fiat Panda 1000 Fire sputtering on low revs

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat Panda 1000 Fire sputtering on low revs

Kristov Scicluna

My family have had this Fiat for like 18 years and lately it's been giving us a few problems since my parents know nothing about cars and only use them to get from point A to B. Now I'm not going into detail about why I love it but basically it's got alot of sentimental value to me and I don't wont them to get rid of it. They are going to fix it soon but we don't know exactly what's wrong with it, I think it may be a spark plug and maybe dirty throttle body. Basically it idles poorly and rarely stalls when idling also it loses lots of power and sputters at low revs, maybe it's misfiring, I don't know. Any help?

yeah as said, i would check for any vacuum leaks. anything open to atmosphere after the throttle body or carburettor will cause really bad running issues.

if you have a panda with an ECU you could have issues with the MAP (manifold absolute pressure) sensor. this basically looks for a vacuum and depending on how much there is, it will adjust the spark's timing for high revving or low revving.
i am pretty sure it is a common part and one from off a old fiat cinquecento or punto mk1 with the 1.1 and 1.2 FIRE engine will fit. should be able to find one on a scrap car.

it could be fuel starvation but giving how it is misfiring i would assume an electrical fault of some kind.

let us know some more details, and we will go from there :)

Back