General Tyre sizes fiat panda classic 1000cc fire engine

Currently reading:
General Tyre sizes fiat panda classic 1000cc fire engine

Good104

Hi
I currently have 135 80 13 tyres fitted but can I get 145 80 13 on the same wheels?
Not sure what difference is in the 135 and 145 etc
Cheers
1990 fiat panda classic 1000cc fire CL.

If you go online there are several sites that advise on the differences tyre and wheel sizes make to gearing etc. and whether it would be advisable or not.
I suspect going up that small amount would cause no problem clearance wise and possible make the vehicle a little safer in cornering.
Some will say it causes more drag to rolling resistance so slightly reduce fuel economy, but in your case the change is not excessive in my book and similar models probably use that size anyway, in van/commercial form or if with alloy wheels fitted.
Unlikely but some insurance companies if looking for a "let out clause" if involved in an accident could argue a "non standard fitting" so if concerned it may be advisable to mention it to your insurers.
I assume the main reason for the change is availability of tyre.

If you go online there are several sites that advise on the differences tyre and wheel sizes make to gearing etc. and whether it would be advisable or not.
I suspect going up that small amount would cause no problem clearance wise and possible make the vehicle a little safer in cornering.
Some will say it causes more drag to rolling resistance so slightly reduce fuel economy, but in your case the change is not excessive in my book and similar models probably use that size anyway, in van/commercial form or if with alloy wheels fitted.
Unlikely but some insurance companies if looking for a "let out clause" if involved in an accident could argue a "non standard fitting" so if concerned it may be advisable to mention it to your insurers.
I assume the main reason for the change is
Hi
Thanks
Yes I will go for the same tyres I think

I have a ‘91 fire in S trim, which came with 155/65r13 as an option. They provide higher traction and lower brake diatances esp. in the rain, but are also heavier and the ride and acceleration might be a little worse.

Here’s the site I use to compare tyre sizes, the % in total diameter depends on your country’s legislation

I have a ‘91 fire in S trim, which came with 155/65r13 as an option. They provide higher traction and lower brake diatances esp. in the rain, but are also heavier and the ride and acceleration might be a little worse.

Here’s the site I use to compare tyre sizes, the % in total diameter depends on your country’s legislation

Apologies, I forgot to put the link somehow

Back