Fiat idea that is terrible to drive around corners

Currently reading:
Fiat idea that is terrible to drive around corners

cheryl0106

Hi there, first time posting just signed up wondering if anyone can help, i have a 2006 fiat idea 1.3 diesel, it is awful to drive into corners especially right hand corners, the tracking, tyres, bushings everthing underneath has been checked and all is fine, the only thing alittle off is the shocks are very stiff, there seems to be no give in them at all, there not ceased this was checked today, any ideas anyone??

Hi, and welcome, :)

if this has slowly become a problem, ( not just bought a car with this issue),
then I suspect it is the bearings in the TOP of the front suspension have dried-out, and become "lumpy",

common fault on the similar Pandas = mine has started to do it :eek:

a garage may not find it on a ramp, as the weight isn't on these bearings when they jack it up :idea:

Charlie

hi there guys, sorry for the late reply im trying to find my way around the site and couldnt see if i had any replies i had to look for the thread first, is there a quick way to find the threads you post, charlie i will get the mechanic to look at that for me thanks, and cedric i have had all new tyres put on as i thought that was the problem, and yes the problem has not always been there but is getting progressively worse

Back