Technical Fiat Idea 1.4 2004 automatic NO GEARS

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat Idea 1.4 2004 automatic NO GEARS

Ok. So clutch changed .

I've carried out a clutch replacement reset.

But cannot get a PRODUCTION/ SERVICE FINSL CALIBRATION to complete... it just displays IN PROGRESS. ive waited 20 plus minutes for it to finish but just doesn't..... any ideas as to why?

Also before trying the service calibration I started it up and just behaved as it did before, ie jerking backwards and engine wouldn't pick up revs like it does when it's in neutral.
Then when I ignition off says it's in 2nd when trying to restart

Ah... then my best guess is the clutch cover has disintegrated. If it's able to hold pressure and doesn't leak, get the 'box out and have a look. Hopefully there's some mangled clutch fingers in there, and a new clutch kit will fix it.
(Setting the bite point for the new clutch can be a bit weird, but the instructions walk you through it OK)
Of course it's impossible to tell from a distance, but that's actually the best of the likely causes. There are others, but all need the box to come out anyway.

Ok so clutch replaced but I cannot production final calibrate it. Just stays on in progress.. no noises from gearbox...

It just does nothing left it 45 mins and still saying in progress..

Just dont know what to do now....

Attachments

• 20191123_190245.jpg
    20191123_190245.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 66
That leak doesn't look promising. It could be that a seal popped when the clutch plate let go.
Can you hear the actuator trying to release the clutch during the end of line set-up?

That leak doesn't look promising. It could be that a seal popped when the clutch plate let go.
Can you hear the actuator trying to release the clutch during the end of line set-up?

End of line setup will not finish... nothing happens it just says in progress... left it 45 mins last time and still same status

Ffs just noticed the thrust pin is not seated in the thrust arm cup.....

Both are stiff obviously gearbox side will be from pressure of pressure plate..any easy way of getting the pin back in the cup without taking it all apart again....

Attachments

• 20191123_194004.jpg
    20191123_194004.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 60
Was the leak definitely not present before the clutch change? (Even a damp spot?)
Not had a problem quite like this (yet), but I suspect one of the first actions in the end-of-line set-up is hanging and it goes no further.
Can you get any useful readings (hydraulic pressure, clutch position etc.)? I'm not sure if it gets left in service mode or not when the EOL fails.

TBH I've not had much success with seal problems so far, but that's mainly because the only leaky actuator I've currently got to play with had been messed around with by some real cowboys before I got it and it really needs a full set of seals (which I'm struggling to find) - it has more leaks than a Welsh field.

Was the leak definitely not present before the clutch change? (Even a damp spot?)
Not had a problem quite like this (yet), but I suspect one of the first actions in the end-of-line set-up is hanging and it goes no further.
Can you get any useful readings (hydraulic pressure, clutch position etc.)? I'm not sure if it gets left in service mode or not when the EOL fails.

TBH I've not had much success with seal problems so far, but that's mainly because the only leaky actuator I've currently got to play with had been messed around with by some real cowboys before I got it and it really needs a full set of seals (which I'm struggling to find) - it has more leaks than a Welsh field.

Now come to mention it. I did do a flush and replacement of the fluid. And had to top up again before I investigated the clutch route...
So yeah I'd say yes it was leaking prior.

I've already had the damn box of twice as first clutch good old eurocarparts gave me was wrong and it wouldn't turn over with it fitted.. long story but now it's got a new clutch in, starts but just cant get the gearbox to function as it should or do end of line...

Pretty close to scrapping the damn thing...
Anyone want any parts..lol

Yes got hydraulic readings,clutch position in mm's etc ,could see all parameters no problems.

Funny enough now when I try to activate any parameters its telling me failed....

Really time to call it a day but could do with ur brains

Guessing only, but try disconnecting battery for a while.
Might clear current status, allowing you to try some parameters.

Can't see a way of avoiding box out again though to fix the pin.
And there's still the leak...

Back