Technical Fiat fiorino pickup mk2 1.7D (1992)

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat fiorino pickup mk2 1.7D (1992)

Just doing a sanity check before I go in all heavy handed. I am trying to replace the rear shocks. They are the stile withe the single spring across the center (see attached pic). I have not been able to get the bottom shock bolt out (item 18) currently letting some WD40 soak in since even though I have undone the nut (item 4) I cant get bolt (item 18) to spin or tap out.
So the question: Am I missing something or is 30 years of rust holding the bolt in place?
In which case good soak of WD40 followed by the heavy persuade (hammer) possibly bit of heat to help?

Attachments

• naread.exe.png
    naread.exe.png
    10.5 KB · Views: 96
Hi :)

That is old tech.. probably worth comparing with the Uno and Classic Panda

WD stands for Water Dispersant...

PlusGas is a far better penetrant... might make your job a lot better :cool:

WILKO sell a small can of ownbrand penetrant for £1.50... I find that pretty good

Hi :)

That is old tech.. probably worth comparing with the Uno and Classic Panda

WD stands for Water Dispersant...

PlusGas is a far better penetrant... might make your job a lot better :cool:

WILKO sell a small can of ownbrand penetrant for £1.50... I find that pretty good
@varesecrazy thanks for the wilco tip but its a long way to go from italy:ROFLMAO: I did buy a local expensive one left for a few days then lots of heat but no joy. I guess 30 years of abuse have taken its toll. Looks like I was trying to do it right but landed up with big hammer and angle grinder to get the whole lot off so full rebuild and replacing with new parts. Hopefully will last for another 30 years (should outlast me :oops:)
By the way off topic I used to live in Varese some 20 odd years agopickup.jpg

So while I am at it figure I might as well replace the copper/metal brake pipe lines (wheel hub to shock) I am guessing the fittings are M10x1. Can anyone confirm this or is it possible they are something else for example imperial? If no one can confirm then I will grab an M10 bolt and see if it fits:rolleyes:

For anyone who needs to know in the future I can now confirm brake pipe fittings for the fiorino mk2 are M10x1. Rebuild of back-end coming on slowly due to work commitments and the fact I have alternative transport. (and its bloody hot here) but as we like to say in Italy piano piano (slowly slowly)🥵
(y)

Back