General Fiat ducato radio wait message

Currently reading:
General Fiat ducato radio wait message

Do you need help unlocking your radio?
Get your code instantly using our radio unlock service 🔓🎶

Shaprog

Hi,and thanks in advance for any help you can give. I have a 2011 ducato with the wait message on the screen ( it was like this when I bought the van. I've seen advice that says leave radio on for 2 hours which I've done and a lot longer with no success so I've taken radio out (fiat Bosch 250 cd on the label)and connected it to a 12v adaptor in the house. The radio has 3 connector blocks, I'm using the bottom block and connected the red wire and the orange wire and the green wire to the positive and the black wire to the negative on the adaptor. I've made sure the adaptor is never switched off. The wait message shows up on the screen but the radio still switches off after 20 minutes, I keep switching it on and it's been on for over 18 hours when you add all the 20 minutes together but still has the wait message on the screen. Will this work if I keep doing it or have I got it wired up wrong. I would be really grateful for any help.

Hi when you see wait for so long on them it’s gave up life you’ve done nothing wrong wiring it up unless you want to get it recoded aftermarket CD players cheap now treat yourself to a new one

Hi,and thanks in advance for any help you can give. I have a 2011 ducato with the wait message on the screen ( it was like this when I bought the van. I've seen advice that says leave radio on for 2 hours which I've done and a lot longer with no success so I've taken radio out (fiat Bosch 250 cd on the label)and connected it to a 12v adaptor in the house. The radio has 3 connector blocks, I'm using the bottom block and connected the red wire and the orange wire and the green wire to the positive and the black wire to the negative on the adaptor. I've made sure the adaptor is never switched off. The wait message shows up on the screen but the radio still switches off after 20 minutes, I keep switching it on and it's been on for over 18 hours when you add all the 20 minutes together but still has the wait message on the screen. Will this work if I keep doing it or have I got it wired up wrong. I would be really grateful for any help.

Hi, Welcome to the FF.

The "WAIT" message is shown because someone has tried wrong codes too many times. Depending on how many wrong codes have been tried, the waiting time could be up to 24 hours.

The radio is switching off after 20 minutes because you have not connected the ignition switch supply to the radio.

You need to connect a bench power supply; negative to the earth terminal on the radio, and positive to the permanent and ignition switched supply terminals on the radio. Leave it connected continuously until the "WAIT" message clears, then enter the correct code.

If you switch the radio or power supply off before the message clears, then the waiting time will start again from the beginning.

Thanks for your replies. I have the red wire and the orange wire which I think are the permanent and ignition switch wires but the radio still switches off after 20 minutes,do the wires have to have separate power supplies?

I think that the red and yellow are the permanent feed and the switched feed [ ignition]. The permanent feed just stores the programs when the switched feed is switched off. I didn't think either of these affected the 20 minute power off but would be pleased to be wrong.

Last edited:
Do you need help unlocking your radio?
Get your code instantly using our radio unlock service 🔓🎶
Back