Technical Fiat Ducato 2007 Throttle body possible P0638 code error message

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat Ducato 2007 Throttle body possible P0638 code error message

Basilwatson

Hi all
I have the Model below , a camper van.
Well, not me actually my Japanese friend. Who as you may surmise cannot speak english. So Im doing this on his behalf. The original problem was rough running at Idle. So we replaced the throttle body. Used a tablet and reset the error codes Now, The engine will rev up but wont take a load. ( will rev but as soon as you try to drive away ,,,there is no "power" ) From what I can gather with my bad japanese is that the engine isnt getting enough fuel. 10cc? So my friend is thinking to replace the o2 lamda sensor.
We both are motorcycle engineers but not Ducato mechanics so have no experience with these models
Are we anywhere near the ball park, Is this a common fault, and the P0638 code error message does this give similar symptoms or is it an injector problem ( if so how do we "install" or clean the injectors , we would have to make an install tool ! )

Any advice greatly received ... Thanks in advance

Stephen in Japan

ducato za number .jpg

That related to the p0638 code but also shows air cut off flap-check flap is fully open when engine running.
Also mentioned are scuttle drains dumping water on wiring and connectors- this needs checking.

What year is van?

I hope what I have added is pertinent.

Best wishes
J

That related to the p0638 code but also shows air cut off flap-check flap is fully open when engine running.
Also mentioned are scuttle drains dumping water on wiring and connectors- this needs checking.

What year is van?

I hope what I have added is pertinent.

Best wishes
J

Thank you I think the van is a 2007 (sorry to be unsure) I will get onto it and get back to everyone !

Back