General fiat ducato motorhome body changeover

Currently reading:
General fiat ducato motorhome body changeover

johnhayes

Hi Guys

I am thinking of buying a new ducato chassis cab only for my existing 1995 ducato motorhome anyone know how to transfer the body and is it possible thanks

john

*edit* I'm sure you don't want just anyone in the world to have your phone number and email address.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Guys

I am thinking of buying a new ducato chassis cab only for my existing 1995 ducato motorhome anyone know how to transfer the body and is it possible thanks

Wow what a project. :bang::bang:
I would have thought impossible unless all the dimensions of the chassis and cab were identical and I'm sure things have moved on a little in the last 14 years

Mervyn

mervyn right totally different chassis and a major job and would invalidate warranty plus would be hard to insure as it would not be a professional build would be classed as a self build

you have to check that the top of the rear chassis member and the top of the cab is roughly the same hieght and the width of both chassis member is same or greater also the length, also wieght limits, major job not impossible and can be recertified by a vosa engineer.

I was thinking of doing this with the in-laws hymer camp. I don't think the ducato II chassis is very different and has good corrosion protection. Once the camper body was lifted off the mounting points could easily be copied onto the new chassis.

Back