Technical fiat doblo 1.9 jtd

Currently reading:
Technical fiat doblo 1.9 jtd

carolcritchley4

Hi my name is Alan and this is the first time I have used this site, hoping someone can help me out.
Just bought a 53 plate doblo 1.9JTD - having some running problems. When I start it up it wont tick over and revs up and down on its own. The engine warning light then comes on and it cuts out.
I can start it again but have to keep my foot on the excelerator for it to tick over and it revs up and down again. Sometimes feels like its misfiring. I had a bloke do a diagnostics check everything comes up okay. He has checked the pump, thinks its fine, the pressures fine. Thinks it could be a fault on the excelerator pedal (electronic). Anyone else had this problem who can point me in the right direction? (got a funny feeling it could be the crankshaft sensor).

I'd start by taking a closer look at injectors & pressure regulator but its very difficult to diagnose without actually seeing the car. Any error codes?

Welcome to FF :)
thanks for your reply, i will get it diagnosed again tomorrow and see if any error codes show up. where would the pressure regulator be situated and how could i test it (used to be on the spanners but that was 12 years ago but capable of having a go) p.s do you tnink i can rule out the pump?

Back