Technical Fiat Doblo 1.9 JTD gearbox advice

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat Doblo 1.9 JTD gearbox advice

ludigracic

Greetings to all forum members, I hope someone can give me advice on what should I do.
I have a problem with the gearbox on my Fiat Doblo 1.9JTD 2005
While driving recently, I switched from slightly higher revs in 4th gear to 3rd and since then 5th gear does not work properly. All other speeds work, including reverse, but when driving and when I go to shift to 5th gear, a grinding noise is heard and its hard to put it back in neutral or any other gear. My local rapairman told me to buy a complete new gearbox and replace it(500-600€).
The car have 340k and its well maintained every year, no other problems except this.
Im currently driving it but im afraid something else could go wrong so any help is appreciated.
Thanks!

Attachments

• 1686828399749.png
    1686828399749.png
    326 bytes · Views: 87
Greetings to all forum members, I hope someone can give me advice on what should I do.
I have a problem with the gearbox on my Fiat Doblo 1.9JTD 2005
While driving recently, I switched from slightly higher revs in 4th gear to 3rd and since then 5th gear does not work properly. All other speeds work, including reverse, but when driving and when I go to shift to 5th gear, a grinding noise is heard and its hard to put it back in neutral or any other gear. My local rapairman told me to buy a complete new gearbox and replace it(500-600€).
The car have 340k and its well maintained every year, no other problems except this.
Im currently driving it but im afraid something else could go wrong so any help is appreciated.
Thanks!
Your local repairman may well be right 340k even if kilometres is quite a lot a lot. You can always get another garage to give a second opinion.
I had a 2005 Doblo MPV 1.9 JTD with 220,000 Miles and the gearbox was shot, the input shaft bearing had obviously been noisy for a long time before I bought it and on stripping it down I found it had damaged much of the rest of the gearbox and gears, I was luck enough to get a s/h gearbox for £80 that had been reconditioned, so I fitted that along with a new clutch kit and a s/h dual mass flywheel and ran it for another four years.:)

Just to let you know, Doblo has been repaired. The fifth speed gears have been changed and now it runs great. I didn't need to replace the entire transmission even though 2 auto mechanics advised me to do so. Only the third mechanic had enough experience to do the job, so kudos to him. He changed some other small things for me about the central locking, window lifters, microswitches on the key, air conditioning and gearbox oil. All together, it cost me €250. If someone has a similar problem, ask for more opinions, it's always worth it. Greeting!

Just to let you know, Doblo has been repaired. The fifth speed gears have been changed and now it runs great. I didn't need to replace the entire transmission even though 2 auto mechanics advised me to do so. Only the third mechanic had enough experience to do the job, so kudos to him. He changed some other small things for me about the central locking, window lifters, microswitches on the key, air conditioning and gearbox oil. All together, it cost me €250. If someone has a similar problem, ask for more opinions, it's always worth it. Greeting!
Sounds like a mechanic worth keeping;)

Back