Fiat Dealers to Avoid

Currently reading:
Fiat Dealers to Avoid

This raises an interesting question....when does a part need replaced?

Looking at it from the dealers point of view, he wont see you until next year so should advise of any parts (depending on usage) likely needing replaced.

All to often dealerships are accused of saying that parts are needed (and Salisbury500 i'm not saying you) yet owners don't seem to look after their cars and perform routine maintenance like they used to. Also I hear things like 'my car was only serviced 6 months ago'...well yeah and according to the health sheet stuffed in your glovebox you were advised of tyres and brake pads at the time! Dealerships are often in a no win situation, if they tell the customer f issues or forthcoming issues they are accused of money grabbing, if they don't say anything they are accused of being useless.

My advice is be polite and ask them to put the car back on the ramp and show you the problems or soon to be problems:)

Are they quite new to the area/franchise?
you need to see his other posts, they didn't even look at the car before quoting it needed new bits some that the car didn't even have

My wife has just had a similar attempt at rip off by our local FIAT Stealer - 4 year service at 20,000 miles. Quoted £110 but also needed an MOT and I asked for brake fluid and antifreeze to be changed. I was expecting about £200.

The attempts at scams started even while I was booking it in.

- FIAT recommend changing the cam belt at 4 years / 30k - REALLY?

Within half an hour of booking it in, they called my wife. The battery is faulty and needs replacing, the wipers are an MOT fail (funny, they were replaced on 20th December, invoice on the seat), the rear brake disks are scored....

I was still in the showroom, talking to one of the salesman, the car had not even moved!

Garages will do ANYTHING to scare you into spending more money. FIAT's dealers seem to be worst than most.

Do what we are doing, find a good an reliable independent and don't be afraid to shop this charlatans to FIAT.

By the way, that's the rear disks scored on a car with DRUM brakes on the rear and a battery with a "Fitted on 20/12/2013" sticker.

you need to see his other posts, they didn't even look at the car before quoting it needed new bits some that the car didn't even have

lol yeah I know, I did say not salisbury500.

They've been in Blackburn since 2008, T14086 :(
Previously they were Caledonia, but they don't exist no more.

Thanks, I Was thinking of Rayrigg, thought they were around there?

You know looking at the length of this, would it not have been easier to ask 'FIAT, which dealers can you trust'?

I haven't found one in the North East yet, & I've tried a few. Additionally, owning a Croma I tend to know more about the car than they do. (Thanks mainly to having been a member on this forum since buying the car in 2007, With special thanks to Dave and S130.)

Last edited:
<font size="6"></font id="size6">Avoid ARNOLD CLARK like the plague. Rip-off merchants. Take you money then run for the hills when ever there is a problem.

11 years on and I give the same advice!
Terrible,
I've know of someone that took a car back because of water in ingress on a brand new car and I mean footwell waves, the official answer was "what more do you want you got the car cheap enough" thank god for 30day cooling off periods

it is suppose to be elenia but they had put digitech in

sounds like you'll have to join the rest of us "in the know" and find yourself, a Alfa / FIAT indy.., ;)

they don't tend to use ANYTHING other than the Fiat groups recommended products.. AND will care enough to actually use the correct grade / spec(y)

with the lower labour rates you'll get a better quality job + oil / parts for the same money..!!:)

charlie

sounds like you'll have to join the rest of us "in the know" and find yourself, a Alfa / FIAT indy.., ;)

they don't tend to use ANYTHING other than the Fiat groups recommended products.. AND will care enough to actually use the correct grade / spec(y)

with the lower labour rates you'll get a better quality job + oil / parts for the same money..!!:)

charlie
yYeh i will have to find one but clemo are usually good with me. As i have been their for a few times. Does any one know any where in west yorkshire who is a fiat indy. I used to work on my old fiats that i had but i have now stopped.

Looking at it from another angle it's not where you go but who you get that works on the car, a good tech or a 'don't give a f*ck' one....rarely are you allowed to watch anyone working on your car as this will show up poor organisation and incorrect practices. Too many 'managerial positions' are help by college graduates with no 'hands on experience or ex-techs thathave been out of the trade since points & condensers and little experience or knowledge of modern cars.

One definitely to avoid is Perry's Fiat, Walton Road, Farlington

Portsmouth, Hampshire PO6 1SR.

Probably best to avoid the whole Perrys Motor Group. Check the web site for the full list of garages www.perrys.co.uk

Although this Fiat dealer is only 4 miles from my front door I take my car to a dealer 30 miles away!

Can I ask what garage you do use? I've just purchased a new Fiat 500 from Perry's and after reading horrific reviews for their servicing I'm loathe to trust them. I like you don't live very far from them but would rather travel for a good service.

Can I ask what garage you do use? I've just purchased a new Fiat 500 from Perry's and after reading horrific reviews for their servicing I'm loathe to trust them. I like you don't live very far from them but would rather travel for a good service.
Would rather stick hot pokers in my eyes than consider using Perrys!
I take my Fiat500 to Middleton Garage in West Sussex PO22 6DF. It is by far the best dealer I have ever used - it is a small company and I have used them for over 20 years. I trust them completely to do a good job and to be 100% honest and reliable.

Thanks for that. I know the garage as I used to work in Bognor. I'll use them when the service is due. I see from the Fiat website that they get 5 stars and Perry's only get 2. Thanks again.

The above quote to your post is from: 10-04-2002, surely they've changed since then mate ;)

The above quote to your post is from: 10-04-2002, surely they've changed since then mate ;)

I don't know, that's the problem. Word of mouth, from people I know that have used them, don't rate them very high. Even Fiat's main website only give them 2 Stars and all the online reviews I've read don't rate them much higher. I'd be interested to hear from anyone that's used them recently. I'm willing to give them a go if I could just get a few positives. On the sales side I couldn't fault them. They weren't pushy and seemed to know their stuff.

Back