Technical Fiat Bravo 2 1.6 Multijet 105hp DPF issues

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat Bravo 2 1.6 Multijet 105hp DPF issues

Kirild

Hello ALL! Greetings from Bulgaria! I am a new member of the forum and I am happy to be part of it.

Now... to the problem. About three months ago I bought one Fiat Bravo 2 1.6 multijet 105hp, 2008. Shortly after buying it the car idle was unstable sometimes, and sometimes it was ok. So I went to about two months ago diagnostic and the mechanic was not able to find any error on the car, then he decided to check the DPF condition. It showed 95% clogged level but at the same time good differential pressure. While driving the car I really don't feel big differential pressure - it responds well and has power even on hills. The only behavioral issues I observe are - 1. From time to time unstable idle 2. Often regenerations (the car's fan is turning on and white smoke is coming from the exhaust) 3. A little higher fuel consumption from expected (around 370-380 km from last fueling, 120km of which in the city, average consumption 6-6.2 liters per 100km). 4. From a few weeks the first start for the day was harder and check glow plugs error was displayed, but last week my glow plugs were replaced and this error is not displayed anymore.

Some more info: I checked the DPF status last week with OBD2 Bluetooth connector and Android App - it showed : 1. Clog level - 98%, 2. DPF status - not clogged, 3. Mileage - almost 314 000km

In conclusion, I wonder is it possible this DPF to had been cleaned from the previous owner but some ECU configurations/resetting not done, and now the ECU to stays still blocked at around 95% clogged level and performing often generations.(when a generation is triggered I observe white smoke but not a lot and not for long like in some videos with active reneration that I have watched)

I will be very happy if someone can help with this issue! Thanks!

Last edited:
Clean the throttle body inside where the throttle valve opens and close.
Change lambda probe sensor.
Buy or borrow multiecuscan software ( google for it ) and do forced regeneration. After that check what is the procent of clogged level.

Last week my glow plugs were replaced because an error was displayed on the board "check glow plugs". Since there the car had two regenerations (or at least I noticed only two) - one in the city and one outside. Today I checked the DPF status again and it was 38%. Maybe because of the old glow plug the car was not making effective regenerations.

Which obd app did you use? I can't find any that works on my Bravo. I would be curious finding out the clog level.

Last edited:
You can try also to change the pressure DPF sensor located at the firewall and check the vacuum pipes connected to DPF.

Back