Fiat Bravo 1.4 T Jet 2007 surge problem. HELP!

Currently reading:
Fiat Bravo 1.4 T Jet 2007 surge problem. HELP!

D

Deon

I own a Fiat Bravo 1.4 T Jet 2007 model. I bought it second hand from a friend. The turbo was changed November 2010 and since I have it (January 2011) the engine has a slight surge at a certain point, between 3000 4000 RPM. Ive had it at Fiat to check it out but the computer shows nothing wrong.

Can you please help me to find out what the problem might be.

Hi there Deon,

Why was the Turbo Changed? what is the mileage?

also the surge you talk about almost seems like that is when the turbo kicks in there will be a surge as the turbo comes alive, have you owned any turbo cars before?

also i need to look it up as i do not know off the top of my head when the t-jet comes on boost (RPM)

cheers

Robin

NEWSIG.jpg
[/IMG]
Fiat Marea Weekend 2.0 20v HLX 147 83k and so far so good!

Down & Out Stickers available only here bravo and marea weekend only £5 incl delivery

HI Robin,

Thanks for the response.

Apparently some pipe was blocked and it caused the turbo to pack up. It feels as if the car is hesitating at those revs. It also does it on the freeway and you basically have to play with the throttle to get rid of it, either leave it a little bit or accelerate then it goes away.

The car has 117000 KMs on the clock. I have changed the CAT also, as someone said that it might be blocked, but it is not that. Do you think it might be the fuel mapping?

VNT Turbo. Check actuator pipe for splits. Is the car chucking out black smoke at times of surge?

i was gonna say the same, could be a split vacuume pipe too, i would get it on a rolling road they will prob be able to diagnose the problem straight away

NEWSIG.jpg
[/IMG]
Fiat Marea Weekend 2.0 20v HLX 147 83k and so far so good!

Down & Out Stickers available only here bravo and marea weekend only £5 incl delivery

any good mechanic/garage should be able to check it out for you,they should be able to tell ya if you have any split pipes.

Is the turbo stalling? Could be a duff turbo. Any metal fragments in the intercooler (connecting pipes)? Whats the pressure? Have you checked for splits in any of the main hoses and vaccuum hoses?

fiat bravo 1.4tjet 150bhp 2007

I have same problem on my car,I got it checked out and garage couldnt find fault,I remapped car and same thing but worse,Engine management code p0240 map sensor,So replaced it but same again,Any idea's as this is doing head in?