General Fiat Brava won't start

Currently reading:
General Fiat Brava won't start

snoogiewoogie

Hi there,
apologies for my non technical jargon - not much clue about these things.

Our 1997 Fiat Brava stalled yesterday and now won't start again. The key code thing doesn't switch off - we only have two blue keys - no red key.

Question1:
Can you switch off the immobiliser off for good? I am not too worried about it getting stolen and it is really not worth much anymore.

Question2:
I saw you can get the ECU (whatever) that is reprogrammed and get a new red key etc. Is it difficult for a non professional to get it out and sorted??

Thanks a lot for your replies.

Mel

I have a different ECU with no immobiliser but the alarm dosent work so all i have it manual central locking doors. This was done before i bought the car as something went wrong with it and the the cheaper option was to get a new ECU with no imobiliser.

Ahhh not exactly 'switching it off' though is it;) plus the chip was unsuitable for my car:bang: so had to get secondhand complete keys/lock/ecu/code box.

Well not in the kind of way you would switch off a light in your house. But in the same way you would recode a new ecu. (ie needs to be sent away) I'd have thought anyway.

And yea i guess it doesnt work with everything but as also said in other post tech's moved on quite a bit as i'm sure you know and what once was impossible is now possible... ie HGT ECU Remap.

Back