General Fiat 600D Interior Help

Currently reading:
General Fiat 600D Interior Help

Mr 500

Hi All,
Ive been looking for a Fiat 500 although ended up with a 600D RHD that i couldnt go past. So dont let the username fool you!

Ive got a few questions:
1) My 600 is missing sunvisors. Are 500 and 600 the same size/shape?
2) Any one know what all the switches and lights on the dash are/do?
3) The previous owner installed seat belts in the front (3points) although at the top of the b piller there are two holes. Ive been told that a braket originally was there with a strap so the people in the rear could get in and out. Does anyone have some pics of the bracket and strap?

thanks
Sam

I've also just bought a Fiat 600. I have a LHD but for me it's:

There's 2 things sticking out behind the steering wheel. The short one is the side indicator and the long one is high beam/ low beam. On the dashboard the left switch is the lights, the right one are the windscreen wipers. The top one I haven't figured out yet:).

Sunvisors I don't know, I had a 500 and they looked the same but I'm not 100% sure.

Seatbelts I have no clue. Mine has aftermarket seatbelts.

thanks Bas
do you have the straps on the B pillar?

there is also something above the ignition (where you put the key in) im not sure what it is. It looks like a button or light of some sort although looks like it is broken.

appreciate your help
Sam

There's 3 buttons around the place you put your key in. The left one is the lights, the right one is for the windscreen wipers.
I haven't figured out what the one above the ignition does, nothing happens when i switch it on. Will look into that.

I will check for the straps too.

My car doesn't have these chrome strips on the side (door). Anybody know if this was on all 600's? Mine is a 1971 600 0.8E, is it supposed to have those?

600upperdoormouldingND.jpg

Yes it is present in my car.The right and left door trims for non abarth pre 64 600's.

There's 3 buttons around the place you put your key in. The left one is the lights, the right one is for the windscreen wipers.
I haven't figured out what the one above the ignition does, nothing happens when i switch it on. Will look into that.

I will check for the straps too.

My car doesn't have these chrome strips on the side (door). Anybody know if this was on all 600's? Mine is a 1971 600 0.8E, is it supposed to have those?

600upperdoormouldingND.jpg

The switch is the panel/dash lights and no yours doesn't have the mould as it should have normal opening doors ie not suicide

Back