Technical FIAT 500X Don`t start again in cold temperature

Currently reading:
Technical FIAT 500X Don`t start again in cold temperature

The battery seems fine on your video but I would always try with your lights off, however that is not your problem. You may have a problem with the cold start device or possibily the crank angle sensor that doesn’t like the extreme temperature. On cranking the injector are open and they will quickly throw fuel into the cylinders and then the. I’m not sure about the compression I can’t hear it clearly it but as some others have Siam it sounds like it’s lacking compression and it’s the multi-air engine there is a possibility that the multi air unit has an air lock. There is a procedure to bleed this but it might be happening because it has the wrong oil. Make sure it has the correct grade oil in the car and take it from there.

thank you all for the answers. Now when the car works I think I will drive it to my friends workshop he is very good and maybe he can use his diagnosis tool and see if the compression are good or something. I honk it’s better to let in check with no stress. The other workshop who repairs Fiat did not find anything as usual….

That's a good shout, the multiair engine. It uses oil pressure to operate the valves, so diluted oil will affect that. In warm weather, any fuel in the oil will evaporate off, but less so in cold weather. What we are seeing are effects, not yet causes. The fuel in the oil is something to be investigated. Even a leaking injector can cause this.

Back